1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Futbol • Calcio 2011/2012

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Jun 21, 2011.

1. DLester

DLester Senior member

^ thanks homie :)

lol

2. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

You don't realise I bite at everythingthe only difference is I fucking despise hangers on. How's basking in the glory of your TV screen?

3. Sir Humphrey Appleby

How can you go on a tour of your biggest rival's ground? Seriously please explain that to me.

4. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

i don't even.

5. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

6. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Don't even what? Know why Barcelona hate Real Madrid so much? I'll give you a clue, he died in the 1970s.

7. DLester

DLester Senior member

Barca/RM has to be the most bitter rivalry in football, maybe in all of sports.

8. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

My question is, what the FUCK does that have to do with attending a game in the Bernabeu.

Do you think I was rooting for them?! Retarded.

For some comparison, you should be able to guess by my vantage point which stadium/team got more of my money....

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. DLester

DLester Senior member

Anyone who has an opportunity to go to a game at either RM or Barca should go.

I toured both Camp Nou and the Bernabeu a few months ago but did not see a game. It was still a great experience. I tried to scalp tickets for the Supercopa but it was literally impossible.

10. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

Someone in this thread with a brain.

11. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Do I think you were cheering against them and singing Barca songs? No because you wouldn't be here now if you were. So you gave your biggest rivals money to go into the home end when they weren't even playing you? How many Catalans did you see there? Seriously you're an embarassment. I would love to go to a Barca or Real Madrid game, I don't mind which but then I don't claim to support one of them, to be honest I don't really like either of them Barca the cheaters or Madrid the arrogant defensive minded cunts. Do you know why they hate each other BTW? I hear its a lot more serious than most football rivalries, maybe next time you'll dare to go to Ibrox in a Celtic shirt?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  12. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Someone in this thread with no loyalty.

13. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Hmmm... tell us how you really feel, SHA.

On a second note - what is your opinion of the possible Team Great Britain for the 2012 games?

14. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

cool story, bro.

Had a fucking blast on my trip.

and NO...i have NO idea why there is a rivalry. I always assumed they should be besties! Please, do, enlighten me. Fucking mope.

15. venessian

venessian Senior member

Is that a real idea, the GB team? Interesting.
    These SHA posts are a bit extreme, frankly. Mope is right, sorry. Apparently I am absolved of all sin when I, as an Inter fan, (it holds true for Roma/Lazio fans and Juve/Torino fans until this year, etc.) go to a derby on the return leg, dog forbid, into "their" house that day, because I'm giving 'them' money but still supporting my team. However, the Saint Pete no-no finger will be flagged at me hard because I would also definitely attend an AC Milan-other team match for the scudetto or CL at San Siro.... Oh, the horror! Why? Because I love the game and could care less about the bounds of loyalty beyond the basics. The basics being: I would want any non-Inter team to lose, unless they were playing dog-a** Leeds! :lol: Hell, given a chance to see great soccer (I once saw a match between Partick Thistle and Glasgow Celtic, when they were good, in effing Halifax, Nova Scotia, and it was beautiful) I'll go see any match, and won't worry one bit about all the bitter, heavy loyalty/'embarassment' issues. Good on you, embowafa; you saw 2 great teams, 2 great venues, and it sounds like you had a lot of fun, which is the most important thing.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  16. Biggen

Biggen Senior member

It's only for the olympics in 2012.

17. venessian

venessian Senior member

I understand that, but this hasn't happened in soccer since '72, right? Who would join the England players? Bale, Ramsey, Bellamy from Wales? Anyone from Scotland and NI?

18. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

Adam?

Can't see that ever happening, wouldn't benefit England at all and the others would just be there as accenting positions on an English squad

19. grizzlybear

grizzlybear Senior member

hung out with mathieu flamini in soho today

20. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Apparently Bale and Ramsey have already taken "spoiler" photos w/ the adidas-sponsored shirt for a GB12 team. Beckham has been making noise for two years or so about wanting to be one of the +age players (I think each team is allotted three if I remember correctly), and other than that it's a U-23 side.

Wales, Scotland, Ireland(both), and England - of course assuming some of the Eng talent aren't called up for the Euros that same summer. (Just the beginning of a lineup off the top of my head)

Loach
    Micah Richards, Phil Jones, Gareth Bale
    Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jack Wilshire, Jack Rodwell, Aaron Ramsey
    Danny Welbeck, Andy Carroll

And even then, assuming there's no call up to the senior side, you have Chris Smalling, Theo Walcott, Jordan Henderson, Tom Cleverly, etc. I'm sure Wales Scotland and Ireland would be down with some representation on "home soil" especially with the senior English side slugging it out in Ukraine/Poland.