• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Futbol • Calcio 2011/2012

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The reality of Madrid's screw-up is only abated by Barça drawing with Valencia as well. All remains proportionally where it should be, for now.

Hopefully then, La Liga is not a simple two-horse race this year. Would love to see Valencia take a stab at it, or even newly-promoted Betis at this rate. I do still think it will come down to the wire between Madrid/Barça but I hope it stays interesting and competitive for at least 3/4 of the season.

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

The reality of Madrid's screw-up is only abated by Barça drawing with Valencia as well. All remains proportionally where it should be, for now.

except drawing with #1 valencia is not as bad as drawing blanks vs #17 racing ;)

now on to those who tout the EPL as more competitive. I've always maintained it was cyclical. This season, EPL 1-3 are quite predictable and in fact it's safe to say United are heavy heavy favorites, destroying all in their path with 21 goals in 5 games and only 4 conceded

La liga leaders Valencia have scored 8 and conceded 5, and positions 1-6 are separated by only 2 points. Madrid find themselves 7th and Barca barely in the last CL spot. No run-aways this season so far

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know I shouldn't be saying this, but maybe not Roma!

Last edited:

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

except drawing with #1 valencia is not as bad as drawing blanks vs #17 racing ;)

Uh, yeahhh...this. RM looked super impotent vs. Racing, and for the second game in a row vs. a highly inferior opponent. Not sure the two are "equal" although the results happen to be the same.

La liga leaders Valencia have scored 8 and conceded 5, and positions 1-6 are separated by only 2 points. Madrid find themselves 7th and Barca barely in the last CL spot. No run-aways this season so far

It's still super early. All will be right with the world come May :D

ANIKETOS

Reaction score
La Liga will have a big gap eventually.Non of the other teams will keep up with RM and Barca just give it some time. In Serie A however its getting to be more interesting for the same argument,but i can see it going to the end for the same reason. Both Inter and Milan struggling,Napoli look good so far but dont have the depth,especially if they do well in CL. There will be teams in between just for those reasons..

As for Racing never underestimate Cuper...Master

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

La Liga will have a big gap eventually.

probably, but the big gap already exists in the EPL. it's over and everyone else is fighting for 4-17 (arsenal for 5-10)

Jared7

Reaction score

You do realise its the champions of England against a Second Division side? Nice set of Turkey flags, didn't see them on your way into the ground.

WAIT a minute.. we're champions of England? No, no I didn't realise this, thanks for enlightening me.

As for the scummer, I'm sure this is something to throw back at him even if they do have the bragging rights

Referring to me as a "scummer"? To the other Leeds fan, I wasn't gloating at you. Only to this dick for jumping on a comment I made and referring to my team as "snivelling little cunts". Totally unprovoked, I think we all know who the real "scummer" is in this thread.

0-3

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This guy does absolutely superb breakdowns of Barcelona's games...

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Do you guys know of anyone that does this for your teams? I love watching tactical breakdowns like this.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do you guys know of anyone that does this for your teams? I love watching tactical breakdowns like this.

That's pretty cool - I especially love the "2 diamonds, 2 wingers, 1 Messi" bit. Lol'd at that.

But for real - that is pretty cool.

Last edited:

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice. (VIDEO)
Wow, what incredible reaction! Between the orchestral Maniero goal and the instinctive VdV goal you posted those are 2 really great goals.
I know I shouldn't be saying this, but maybe not Roma!
Roma? Macchè Roma! La storia li è finita. Enrique is the next A coach to feel the axe. Too bad Totti has become what he has become; he had better in him.
As for Racing never underestimate Cuper...Master
+1. A really great, under-rated, under-appreciated coach.
For all the "true supporters" and "fake supporters" and "not as supporting as I am supporters", I grew up about 1 hour from Caldogno, but I have never, ever been there...therefore I guess I cannot possibly count as a supporter.... Nonetheless, enjoy....(direct from a tiny, tiny town in the Veneto to the entire universe, eternally): [VIDEO][/VIDEO] (But I was directly behind the goal in front of him when he missed the PK against Brazil in 1994 in Pasadena, so I can still cry with him about that, no???) :lol: :slayer:
And now, after the Mou, we have the anti-Mou. These 2 absolutely detest each other. Further comments will be fun! :)
RanieriMourinho_468x340.jpg

This guy does absolutely superb breakdowns of Barcelona's games...Do you guys know of anyone that does this for your teams? I love watching tactical breakdowns like this.
Wow, excellent (except for the annoying music). Good stuff.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wow. You can see the tactics at work. The game usually moves so fast that you can miss things, and the tactical opportunities come and go in an instant. But it was clear as day in this video.

Example at the end of the video. Barca are having trouble breaking through a crowded midfield so:

Tactic ---> in Valencia's half, Thiago moves forward like he is about to make a run and draws 2 defenders out of position, presumably because neither knows who is responsible for him.

Result ----> Cesc runs into the space they vacated and Thiago feeds him the ball over their heads. Cesc has the ball and space now. He scores.

When you see it like that, the game looks so easy.

It was also easy to see the problems with the diamond that Barca were employing in the first half, once he pointed it out.

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And I thought the elevator music in the first half was actually rather soothing...

Brian SD

Reaction score

probably, but the big gap already exists in the EPL. it's over and everyone else is fighting for 4-17 (arsenal for 5-10)

Not at all. It's barely 5 weeks in. I don't doubt that United has a huge chance of winning the league, but history has shown some interesting things. No team that has ever scored more than 11 goals in the first few weeks has won the league, for example. Coming fast out the gate doesn't guarantee a trophy.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
come on the video isn't that great, do you really need this to see what formation is used and its weaknesses ? glorified highlights, at best. if you watch the game attentively, and you have some semblance of understanding of the game, you can pick up on this stuff without having somebody spoon feed you the obvious. no hate DL, I watched it and liked it too but only because I missed most of the match otherwise analysis shows like MOTD do little for me so I prefer rumor-mill types like Revista (though that's gone to hell now that Mark the "anti-authoritarian" has been replaced by some weirdo)

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

Not at all. It's barely 5 weeks in. I don't doubt that United has a huge chance of winning the league, but history has shown some interesting things. No team that has ever scored more than 11 goals in the first few weeks has won the league, for example. Coming fast out the gate doesn't guarantee a trophy.

it won't be one of united, city, or chelsea to win it ?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads