• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Futbol • Calcio 2011/2012

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Barca-Valencia....

shirt sponsor-less Valencia is wearing the team's twitter handle on their shirt front. There isn't a facepalm big enough for that.

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SHUT
THE
UP

You say you are a real fan of the game while the rest of us are not?
Then why is it that we are talking about the game, while you just attempt to bait people into confrontation? You are ******** up a good thread and have contributed absolutely nothing of interest. Thanks asshole!

Talk about the game or leave this thread to people who will.

btw You have no idea why anyone supports any particular club until they tell you, so don't make assumptions.

Not in the slightest but I am a real supporter of my club whereas I suspect many of the people on here are not, particularly the guy who said he started following Barcelona because they signed Ronaldinho.

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Barca-Valencia....

shirt sponsor-less Valencia is wearing the team's twitter handle on their shirt front. There isn't a facepalm big enough for that.

Are they sponsorless because they couldn't find one or because they didn't want one? A few clubs in England have had no sponsors recently, West Ham's went bust part way through the season, West Brom decided not to have one and a Division 3 or 4 side couldn't find one.

xudisco07

Reaction score
You do not need to have a certain geographical connection or anything to pick what team you support. I have a silly reason why I support who I do, but as long as you really do support them when they are up and down, I think that is really what matters. I live in the US and have not made it to England, but when they came to the US a few years ago I made damn sure that I saw them.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not in the slightest but I am a real supporter of my club whereas I suspect many of the people on here are not, particularly the guy who said he started following Barcelona because they signed Ronaldinho.

Well then can we all agree to disagree and move on from this topic? It is boring.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bravo!

Yeah, I'd read an article about a decent number of La Liga teams going without sponsorship this year. I'm trying to track it back down for specifics.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Don't get me started.

Should I really be this upset though, given SHA's reasoning? To a team from the backwater of Cantabria, nonetheless?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :fu:

I watched part of that match...they didn't look real good.
You might as well go back to supporting only Las Vegas North-East Central Community College...and nobody else!
Seriously, all this "what defines a real supporter" talk is getting damned tedious.

Damn, Falcao was a good pick-up for Atletico...no missing Forlan there.

Milan losing to Udinese now, Juve tied by Bologna and Palermo winning! :slayer:
(I really only support Inter, but Udinese and Palermo have always been other favorites of mine, mainly because they play good calcio and develop fantastic players on low budgets.
I also was an avid Venezia fan, being from there, but now they're in Serie ZZZ or something for years and I never see them.)
Crap, El Shaarawi just equalized for AC Milan.

Obligatory goal video: fantastic back-heel volley by Venezia's Pippo Maniero (cross by Alvaro "il Chino" Recoba) to beat Empoli 3-2 in Serie A,1998-99.
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited:

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You do not need to have a certain geographical connection or anything to pick what team you support. I have a silly reason why I support who I do, but as long as you really do support them when they are up and down, I think that is really what matters. I live in the US and have not made it to England, but when they came to the US a few years ago I made damn sure that I saw them.

Who and why? I have nothing wrong with picking a team you want to do well, just that it cannot possibly mean as much to you as it does to someone who goes every week or feels that the club represents their town or city.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow...what a f-ing miss by Soldado.

Makes F Torres' miss sitter look admirable.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wow...what a f-ing miss by Soldado.

Makes F Torres' miss sitter look admirable.

He's just making sure Torres' place in del Bosque's setup remains assured. Can't shake the world-champion's boat, y'know.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Obligatory goal video: fantastic back-heel volley by Venezia's Pippo Maniero (cross by Alvaro "il Chino" Recoba) to beat Empoli 3-2 in Serie A,1998-99.

Nice.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chelsea win on penalties, miracles do happen.

Last edited:

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Again west Brom manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory :( Still it's only the Carling cup.

ANIKETOS

Reaction score
Ranieri is new inter coach..best fo luck to him,already inter gets a break as all teams lose points yesterday.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads