• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Futbol • Calcio 2011/2012

Biggen

Reaction score

Ye of little faith. 2-1 Arsenal.
Don't really see that happening. If we lose today I would be very disappointed. Wenger really need to bring in a couple of class players in the next days if they are to have any chance competing for medals this season. Also hope Tottenham can beat City today, but don't really see that happening.

Last edited:

Brian SD

Reaction score

Huh? Save for the last game, Adam has underperformed magnificently compared to last season at Blackpool
Not sure what metric you're measuring it by, but to me current Adam is definitely an improvement over his Blackpool days. His passing accuracy is increasing, the quality of his passes is looking even better, and he's not losing possession and giving the ball away.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ye of little faith. 2-1 Arsenal.
i wish, but i just don't see it. a lot will depend on vermaelen's fitness. also we are so short of midfielders there's talk of using lansbury/coquelin. desperate times.

afc345

Reaction score
Vermaelen and Sagna are not starting. Don't know if I can bear watching this match :fu:

tullytra

Reaction score

Huh? Save for the last game, Adam has underperformed magnificently compared to last season at Blackpool
So he's underperformed in two Premier League games out of 3 at Liverpool?

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Wow. 8-2. Even as a United fan, I wasn't expecting that. And it wasn't even a great game. Top of the league too, after overhauling a 5 goal GD before the game.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And that is what happens when you play a high back line at OT with a depleted squad. Total annihilation.

non-United fans can only hope they are peaking too early. Not likely though.

Last edited:

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd 8 2 be an Arsenal fan today...

As a West Brom fan I'm feeling pretty stoked.

comeonyouspurs

Reaction score
Ok, too tired for a rant today so bullets
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

-Peter Crouch should be in the NBA, not the EPL. I hate his guts. He runs like a newly born fawn. He's class, I'm sure, I can't ignore the UEFA CL glory, but I think the gig is up now at the Lane. Time to move on big boy.

-Defoe came in with a HUGE chip on his shoulder. Beat City boys, left em flat footed and made Hart work. Maybe if he started again we'd have 60+ mins of that energy instead of 40 or less.

-VDV and Lennon both off with injuries. Lennon had his head on straight today but he did get caught ball watching on Nasri for the first goal to Dzeko. FMLLLLLLLLLLLLL on the injuries though
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

-Corluka plays like a zombie. Dawson just isn't athletic enough. Kaboul was ok, but he got beat to spots he could have read ahead of time far too often.

-Modric is too good to stink it up when he's not happy, but it was apparent he was deliberately not firing on all cylinders. LOL @ the boos+cheer hybrid when he got subbed out. Let him go Harry.

-Nasri looked like a spark plug. Just ate us up like Pac Man. Felt the ship was sinking maybe? Football is business so I guess only so much Nasri hate can be justified.

-Dzeko is off to a great start. A lot of energy in that City squad. Aguero, Silva, Dzeko, Nasri and the lot really have a great on pitch chemistry.

-Didn't watch the Devil v Gooners match but saw the scoreline....MY GOD. As much as I hate the Gooners, even that **** hurt my heart.

Idk if there is a gaming thread, but anyone else can't wait for FIFA 12? I'm a manager mode fiend and they're making a ton of new improvements to the transfer market functionality and they added a youth academy. Maybe if possible, a SF online league?

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
come-I've had that **** pre-ordered for almost a month now, not much of the manager type though, just like to play. Definitely looking forward to improvements though.

United vs Arsenal.................it didn't even matter if Arsenal was down. Rooney's free kicks paired and Ashley Young's two goals were absolutely beautiful. Not to mention United's first goal, geez what a fun match to watch.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Modric is too good to stink it up when he's not happy, but it was apparent he was deliberately not firing on all cylinders. LOL @ the boos+cheer hybrid when he got subbed out. Let him go Harry.

You have a 40 mil pound offer from a crazy Russian petrobillionaire--take it!

Tbh I think your management is the barrier not Harry. Harry would have closed the deal and been out on the transfer market improving the squad. There is more money now, but it might arrive too late.

Chelsea may end up getting Sneijder instead if this goes on much longer-- then you will have a pissed off player and no money.

comeonyouspurs

Reaction score

Tbh I think your management is the barrier not Harry. Harry would have closed the deal and been out on the transfer market improving the squad. There is more money now, but it might arrive too late.

Chelsea may end up getting Sneijder instead if this goes on much longer-- then you will have a pissed off player and no money.

You're right. It's more Levy than anything. I hope he ends this love affair with Modric and see the value he can be getting. I wouldn't be surprised if on deadline day if Sneijder signs for Chelsea and Levy is at the Lane with Modric in a constrictive bear hug (literally).

Will Arsene make it to the next transfer market? I think the ship is honestly sinking and Arsene is probably going to be the first pirate to jump overboard.

Edit: Against his will lol

Last edited:

Biggen

Reaction score

Well; Harry isn't the greatest when it comes to transfers. He has bought a lot of **** through the years.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads