Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Futbol • Calcio 2011/2012

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Jun 21, 2011.

1. ChampdeMars

ChampdeMars Member

Wilshere has been training with the squad since Thurs. and his fitness is on a day-by-day basis so I can only hope he'll be on the roster as Nasri is set off to the Middle Eastlands. But, in other news, Ryo is on the bench! Hope he gets to play, but we'll see. And if Kolscielny/Djourou are both out, I suspect Wenger will play Song at the CB and have Frimpong at the DMF. He actually did quite well breaking up play and getting interceptions, and had good positive movement during the Liverpool game.

Spurs weren't doing that bad. They stood their ground well, especially at Old Trafford. I was really hoping that Man Utd. would go down, but seeing as the Gunners are barely going to be scrapping for fourth place, I'm glad Spurs lost. They really had some good interplay though.

Henderson looked wayyy overpriced. I mean why are there rumors that Mereiles is gonna be sold?

Dare I say Man City currently looks better than Man Utd.?

2. DLester

DLester Senior member

3. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Arsene should be in crisis mode now.

Frimpong, Chamberlain, Miachi, and Wilshire (maybe). Quite a midfield you've got there, Wegner.

Not to mention no beefing of the defense, and a Van Persie who breaks like a china plate.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

4. venessian

venessian Senior member

No, I don't.
    Otherwise I'll launch into a comeonyouspurs-ish rant against my own team.
    Moratti let himself get robbed.
    F*$k!!!!

5. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Don't worry - I'm almost positive Inter will move now for Forlan or Tevez.

Not that I don't think it was still a bonehead move for all parties...

6. ANIKETOS

ANIKETOS Senior member

It's definitely a bone head move, even if we bring tevez we haven't achieved anything. High price and wages and not tested in Italy ( not that I think he wouldn't work), even if he is as good as eto we aren't any better than last year.

Should have kept eto and upgraded on pandev and add a top cm. Can't see why inter lets mariga go but not muntari,branch should have more clauses in the contract to make it easier for us to get rid of dead weight.

7. venessian

venessian Senior member

I am a bit worried, because I think that Inter backing down from their original request to the final deal for €27M indicates that they can't pay these high salaries. Remember they actually paid very little for him when they sent Ibra to Barca. They are in debt, as many top clubs are. So, now they have €27M to go after another forward, but will those players accept possibly a lower salary? Would Man City let Tevez go for €27M? I think accepting €27M was too low. Guys like Henderson and Downing went for €22.5M; Sanchez for €26M; Mata for €30M; Fabregas for €40M; Aguero for, what, €45M? Eto'o should have been in the €35M range, I think. The 3 names that have floated all summer are Tevez, Lavezzi, Forlan (but PSG seem to be going after him): I can't tell if Kuyt is still in play and I think Zarate is doubtful. Of those I prefer Forlan or Lavezzi (or Palacio), and don't really want Tevez, but none of those guys are as good as Eto'o. Not only does he score a ton of goals, he also set up teammates really well. I have no idea what he'll do at Anzhi, other than collect his $$$, but I do wish him well. He is a class player, and at least with his €61.5M net he'll be able to help out his country.
    I don't want Tevez. I am not convinced that he fits in, and I don't think he's as good as Eto'o. Agree with you re: Pandev, Mariga, Muntari (although Inter had to take him back since Sunderland didn't want to sign him), etc. You're right about Branca getting involved in too many bad contracts.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011

8. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Please take Tevez it'll help with my Fantasy Football team if City have one less option ;)

9. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Yeah Gunners!

10. afc345

afc345 Senior member

Ah what a delight, the win felt absolutely amazing. :D

11. KitAkira

12. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

I'm happy for Arsenal. I want them to succeed in the CL, just not in the league. Leave 4th place for 'Pool, please :)

13. KitAkira

Sure thing, we'll take first.

14. DLester

DLester Senior member

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011

15. DLester

DLester Senior member

I am happy for Arsenal. It would have been a disaster for them not to advance. Walcott's goal was classy.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011