Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Futbol • Calcio 2011/2012

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Jun 21, 2011.

1. dmash

dmash Senior member

Oh hell yeah, thanks a lot man. Yeah, I'm in school too, really didn't want to frequent the bar for games during semester hahaha.

2. comeonyouspurs

comeonyouspurs Well-Known Member

Sorry, didn't mean for it to come off like he couldn't compete. I'm just saying even as good as he is, he'll have to adjust. He would, but as others have stated the physicality is there from top to bottom of the table. He's brilliant, and will be anywhere he plays but the difference between playing style in La Liga and EPL does exist imho.

I'd just love to see the best player on the planet (also imho) play in my favorite league really. Of course it would best if he was in a Spurs shirt but that's never going to happen, so I'd be rooting against him while he's decked out in United/City/Chelsea strip. But I think he'd just be a revelation in the EPL, not that he's not already in La Liga, but even more so.

The more this drags on, the more and more I just want Modric to leave. He's a top class man off the pitch and on it but I'm so desperate for Harry to sell to spend, I want Modric to move on as well. Especially with a good lot of the boys nicked up. Harry in the T-market is like watching paint dry.

One shining moment that gives us hope for a good result: 5-nil whupping of Hearts on Thursday. Sure it's Hearts, but we looked good. Lot's of synergy and communication. And Bale healthy across from Lennon [​IMG]

3. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

This. Although La Liga's finale last year was pretty good about late drama too.
    Well, you have at least another week , what with the strike and all.
    Thank you for this link. I'd traditionally stuck with rojadirecta.es, but I'll have to give this a try.

4. El Argentino

So... just for discussion - is CR7 better now, having jumped leagues and still performed, or has his level of play diminished from his ManU days in your eyes? *disclaimer - I full-heartedly accept that Messi is better than Ronaldo, but just want to know your opinion.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011

5. DLester

DLester Senior member

Bale is amazing. This was one of my favorite goals last year, a work of art from last year's CL, which I am sure you remember well. Perfection. I like the announcer: "Bale, un phenomino."

[VIDEO]

[/VIDEO]

6. comeonyouspurs

You know, I think he's better now. He's progressed from his Man U days which is really saying something cause he was brilliant there as well. I don't think transferring to La Liga has made CR7 any less of a world class player and, in a sense, has made him even more so. That may seem contradictory to my past statements but I believe it's because his core skill progression was in England. I'm not saying every player in the world has to go through the EPL to be world class, but I think CR7's time headquartered at Old Trafford laid a solid foundation on which he built his skills on. He's an absolute delight to watch play, that's for sure.

7. comeonyouspurs

That match and Bale's hat trick at the San Siro before that were defining moments in my life as a Spurs supporter. I've never been so proud of my club. The kid is just pure class through and through. I really hope he hangs around WHL for a few more years. He deserves Champions League football though and I wouldn't be mad at him pushing for a transfer if we can't provide that.

8. tullytra

tullytra Senior member

Well Nasri's supposed to start today. Here's to hoping he's disinterested in helping out his current team as he's heading out the door.

9. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

I can't help but feel that this is Liverpool's most legitimate chance at getting points at the Emirates in a long time.

10. tullytra

tullytra Senior member

It really should be. I don't get why they haven't been getting at goal more often. Hopefully Suarez can come on to give them more of an attacking feel, because right now it seems they are content playing long balls/crosses to Carroll who isn't winning many.

11. El Argentino

Yeah, haven't been too impressed with what I've seen of Carroll and all his 30million-hype.

Oh Ramsey...:facepalm:

12. DLester

DLester Senior member

It is going to be a long year Gunners.

Has anyone here read Fever Pitch by Nick Hornby? Every football fan should.

13. Reynard369

Reynard369 Senior member

Good read, but applicable to all sports fans, really.

14. DLester

DLester Senior member

Chelsea are a dreary mess. Who enjoys watching this lot play? I have been a Chelsea fan for years and can tell you that I don't.

Kalou subbed off after 34 minutes. It will take more than that.

15. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Damnit, we have no chance at this. Nasri looked like the only player on the pitch with any maturity in the first half. As much as I dislike him for wanting to transfer immediately after Arsenal brings out his potential, he played with a lot of class today. Our lines are so thin right now, especially with more injuries and reds

Frimpong = facepalm. Why the hell are you flipping off players when you've already gotten a caution?

And I wonder if we'll get to see Ryo Miyaichi, this season

Hopefully it'll be business as usual at Udinese, but I'm having doubts there