• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Futbol • Calcio 2011/2012

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Portsmouth back in admin, might not even exist by the time we are supposed to play them next weekend.

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
med staff cleared an injured coquelin and wenger picked him to start. within 5 minutes he pulled his hamstring and out now ... vermaelen to LB so Djourou and the Squid on the field ..............

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two nil down at 54 minutes, win 3-2 with a last minute goal, gives Colin something positive to say tomorrow morning. :slayer:

Mackems are keen to see Arsenal play :facepalm:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
W0kSo.jpg

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
random stat : if you canceled all of Cristiano Ronaldo's goals for madrid this season in the league, they'd still be 5 points above Barcelona.

:fence:

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Bundesliga might just be the most entertaining league in the world.

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Bundesliga might just be the most entertaining league in the world.

Def EPL but, if you were drunk, you could make an argument for Serie A. Have to go the exact other way on the Bund.

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh? Explain

Def EPL but, if you were drunk, you could make an argument for Serie A. Have to go the exact other way on the Bund.

Serie A? Please.

I love the EPL and always will, but sometimes the sheer physicality of the league is off-putting. It's nice to watch teams play with style, even the teams at the lower end of the table. Hertha Berlin, for example, are a much more entertaining side to watch than Wigan.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Serie A? Please.
I love the EPL and always will, but sometimes the sheer physicality of the league is off-putting. It's nice to watch teams play with style, even the teams at the lower end of the table. Hertha Berlin, for example, are a much more entertaining side to watch than Wigan.

I'd prefer to watch 2 German sides than Serie A, but come on, that explanation is weak. Germany used to be the shittiest league ever to watch, would prefer the Albanian 3rd division, but it has improved significantly mainly due to more foreign players with more flair and creativity and a younger generation of GER players with more ability.

But its far from the quality in England and Spain.

Serie A just sucks now. In the 90's it was the juggernaut with players like Weah and the Dutch contingent but today they struggle to get EPL cast offs.

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd prefer to watch 2 German sides than Serie A, but come on, that explanation is weak. Germany used to be the shittiest league ever to watch, would prefer the Albanian 3rd division, but it has improved significantly mainly due to more foreign players with more flair and creativity and a younger generation of GER players with more ability.
But its far from the quality in England and Spain.
Serie A just sucks now. In the 90's it was the juggernaut with players like Weah and the Dutch contingent but today they struggle to get EPL cast offs.

Have you watched much German football recently? Because I'd much rather watch a game between Koln and Hertha, for example, than one between Wigan and Wolves. Keep in mind, I'm not arguing that the Bundesliga is the best league in football, merely one of the most entertaining. Either England or Spain have the strongest league, but I think the football they're playing there is more entertaining than a lot of what we see in La Liga, Serie A, and many of the teams in the bottom half of the EPL. Part of the reason is the gap between the top, mid, and bottom teams in Germany is less pronounced than it is in other leagues.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
bundesliga has embarked on a reasonable path of financial equity that has helped many teams become more competitive in the league ... of course this only works in Germany since other countries haven't adopted such policies and so you see german sides not doing so well in continental competitions.....

hhenryhhh

Reaction score
I don't really follow any other league but I do catch the odd Bundesliga match here and there - I think Jurgen Klopp is killing it right now with Dortmund. I watched them play Nurnberg awhile ago and thought they looked pretty stylish. Dortmund to me is like what Arsenal would look like if everything worked properly

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads