• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Futbol • Calcio 2011/2012

ANIKETOS

Reaction score
Sneijder is being a drama queen,and there has been an issue with Pazzini but I think he is the only player with real quality left in this team.Unfortunately he seems like he cant wait to leave. Moratti looks like he finally realizes that this team wont win anything or even compete. Hope he let some heads roll and invests some serious money FFP or not we need Inter to be strong.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

this is crazy
...And they yet they are running the manager out of town. Or he is running himself out of town. Or both.
Jtpmu.png

They are running him out of town. And a few of the Spanish players on the team are undermining him.

The fickleness of the crowd is incredible. If you dont win everything every single season you've failed. For ***** sake, wake up.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

are you an idiot? or a ManUre fanboy? he clearly (evra) didn't extend his hand like he did to the other players, you must be blind.

You must be copy/pasting that comment on 4,000 newspaper comment sections because you are probably the last person on Earth to get it. Suarez even apologized dear homey. You're either:

A. Suarez's houseboy
B. A blind man
C. Liverpool supporter
D. Uruguayan
E. All of the above

"I have spoken with the manager since the game at Old Trafford and I realise I got things wrong. I've not only let him down, but also the club and what it stands for and I'm sorry. I made a mistake and I regret what happened. I should have shaken Patrice Evra's hand before the game and I want to apologise for my actions. I would like to put this whole issue behind me and concentrate on playing football." - Suarez

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Sneijder is being a drama queen,and there has been an issue with Pazzini but I think he is the only player with real quality left in this team.Unfortunately he seems like he cant wait to leave. Moratti looks like he finally realizes that this team wont win anything or even compete. Hope he let some heads roll and invests some serious money FFP or not we need Inter to be strong.

Send this to R Madrid fans... brother Jose won the CL with basically that same team.

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You must be copy/pasting that comment on 4,000 newspaper comment sections because you are probably the last person on Earth to get it. Suarez even apologized dear homey. You're either:
A. Suarez's houseboy
B. A blind man
C. Liverpool supporter
D. Uruguayan
E. All of the above
"I have spoken with the manager since the game at Old Trafford and I realise I got things wrong. I've not only let him down, but also the club and what it stands for and I'm sorry. I made a mistake and I regret what happened. I should have shaken Patrice Evra's hand before the game and I want to apologise for my actions. I would like to put this whole issue behind me and concentrate on playing football." - Suarez

And it now turns out that that (and Dalglish's) apology was given on the orders of the owners of Liverpool FC.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The problems run so deep now, even given Sneijder's issues and all the injuries, and the responsibility is definitely Moratti's. He let Oriali go as technical director, which was a big mistake. Oriali's replacement Branca has demonstrated that he is not up to the task. His acquisitions have been disasters for the most part, and now there isn't enough quality young talent to gradually replace the old guard. The team is a dinosaur now, but replacing the roster in one campaign is going to be extremely difficult, basically impossible. Better to take the short-term pain pill start over asap at this point.
The merry-go-round of coaches and systems hasn't helped either; there is no stability and the near future doesn't look good. I hope Moratti lets Branca go, keeps Ranieri for at least the rest of this season, and then starts to invest more in quality young players, if he can hire a TD who can find those guys.
Send this to R Madrid fans... brother Jose won the CL with basically that same team.
Basically the same roster (minus the enormous and crippling loss of Eto'o) but not nearly the same team. Not even close.

Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Basically the same roster (minus the enormous and crippling loss of Eto'o) but not nearly the same team. Not even close.

My point exactly. He had that team playing some amazing football. Amazing, but not easy on the eye stuff. The coaching and tactical deployment of players is what was amazing. The 2 legs against Barca were ugly but had its own kind of beauty to it.

Nobody at Madrid seems to remember what he did to Barca in those 2 legs.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My point exactly. He had that team playing some amazing football. Amazing, but not easy on the eye stuff. The coaching and tactical deployment of players is what was amazing. The 2 legs against Barca were ugly but had its own kind of beauty to it. Nobody at Madrid seems to remember what he did to Barca in those 2 legs.
Of course what Mou did was amazing, and he's a great coach who makes any roster better. But I'm saying that it's just not the same team as 2010. No Eto'o, different bench players, all the vets 2 years older, etc. I don't think anyone really thinks Mou would be threatening the triplete with this year's Inter. Do you?
Besides fielding a great defense and midfield in top form, Mou was able to play Sneijder in his rightful spot behind 3 top strikers. That threat allowed Maicon to be an overlapping threat, etc. This team just can't do that, unfortunately.
Mou left at the peak moment of a great squad which is now a shell of what it once was, and that cannot simply all fall on some Mou-Ranieri-other coach comparison.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CL Back in Action!

And Tevez back in Manchester.... looking noticeably thinner.

tullytra

Reaction score
Looks like Barcelona have moved themselves through. It seemed like Leverkusen's only shot would have been to keep a clean sheet at home.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks like Barcelona have moved themselves through. It seemed like Leverkusen's only shot would have been to keep a clean sheet at home.

It's only HT - there is still hope yet.

tullytra

Reaction score
That first half was pitiful though. At one point they showed that Barcelona had completed 339 passes with 88% efficiency, while Leverkusen had 56 or so with about 55% efficiency :brick:

Last edited:

Jabonator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After the first half, Rofles was the Leverkusen with most completed passes, 11 - as many as Victor Valdes.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

After the first half, Rofles was the Leverkusen with most completed passes, 11 - as many as Victor Valdes.

Pfff

2nd half was much better.

B Lev are a pretty pitiful side. Slow as pack mules. Almost no creativity.

All said though, they should have drawn the match if not for Valdes's fingertips.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads