Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Futbol • Calcio 2011/2012

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Jun 21, 2011.

1. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

that slap is less worthy of a red than blatant diving if you ask me. just a lil love tap

was kinda messed up tho the guy responded by slapping the wrong person haha

2. Reynard369

Reynard369 Senior member

And in other news, scientists have discovered the Earth is round...

3. venessian

venessian Senior member

Exactly. The guy has never had class.

And now I wouldn't be surprised if his sleaze agent Raiola starts up his usual whiny "...the officials are targeting my players unfairly; if they don't show more respect I'm going to move [insert victimed player name...Balo...Ibra...etc. here] to another team, to another league..." threats. Already the Ibra to Real rumors have been cued up again....

4. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Dear Lord NO!

I'm disliking the instability all these "Mourinho is out" things are suggesting. I realize it's not his bag to hang around a project more than 2-3 years, but c'mon, the season barely hit mid-point.

5. the shah

it's probably not true, because the Portuguese press, which follows him like paparazzi follow drunk celebs, has made no mention of it since i last checked...

also looking like the league will be madrid's for the taking at this point

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012

6. Quatsch

Quatsch Senior member

There's a cat on the field at Anfield. How farking cute. Friedel, the cold hearted bastard, won't even pick it up or give it a pat.

Liverpool - Tottenham shaping up to be a good match. Both teams looking good.

7. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Mourinho doesnt take any shit from anyone. Having the fans boo him was a pretty big insult considering how much he has done for that side. Wouldnt be surprised if he walks.

The Madrid fans are very fickle and never happy. The pushed Del Bosque out after he won the Champions league. Frankly, its a thankless job. Madrid will realize what a great manager he is when he's gone.

Mourinho has never had a problem with players, at least that I dont recall. Ramos and Casillas are a bit entitled if you ask me. I'd have sat them.

IMO, he's the right manager to take over Man United. Alex has built just the right environment for a guy like Mourinho in terms of managerial control and decision making. I also think Ferguson would really like to let him take the job, in fact he might even retire earlier knowing he could give the reigns over to Mourinho.

8. El Argentino

Hope Spurs crushes them, if only for my fantasy league standings.

9. the shah

:lol: what a pathetic dive by bale did he do anything worthwhile that wasn't covered in extended highlights I caught ? and by worthwhile I don't mean the horribly sliced attempt or useless 1v1 he had

10. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Good match, even though it ended goal-less.

Scott Parker is so underrated its unbelievable. Player of the match for me. 5 blocked shots in injury time.

Andy Carroll actually showed up for once. Amazing.

11. tullytra

tullytra Senior member

I've got to say I thought Carroll was unimpressive as usual. McManaman commented about how the shorter defender was beating Carroll out for headers: sounds familiar. I understand that players bitch all the time, but it seemed ever present from Carroll today. Good lord, the best opportunity Liverpool had in the first half was thwarted because Carroll decided to end his run after being touched by a Spurs defender to complain to the ref instead of fighting into the box to grab a ball played into open space. Many times when a long ball is played too long the target will clap or whatnot to indicate good intent. Well that doesn't come from Carroll. All the guy does is yell at whomever passed it too long. When he had a beautiful opportunity in the box in the second half, what did he do? He sailed it into the stands from 8 yards out. I've grown so tired of the underperformance of transfers for Liverpool such as Downing, Henderson and Carroll.

12. El Argentino

I wonder why Carroll hasn't received as much public flak as Torres, sometimes. I don't think he's merited his 35 million at all. I mean, at least Torres is a Euro/WC winner and still threatens defenses (even if he muffs the final chance) but Carroll was a drunken, unshaved nobody from Newcastle.

Having Gerrard back though does wonders for the confidence of Liverpool's midfield. When Suarez came on too, it just became rampant Liverpool possession and chance-creation.

Anyone else see Suarez grab Parker in the eye on that replay? After kicking him in the dong.

Grrr... I want to stick up for that dirty Uruguayan, but he's trying my patience.

13. Quatsch

Quatsch Senior member

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012

14. the shah

i think you answered your own question here

and suarez the south american troll extrodinaire is going to give balotelli a run for his money or what lol he wasn't even back 10 minutes before starting up again

15. Guy Burgess

Guy Burgess Senior member

i love suarez, ibra and balotelli. It's nice to have a bit of soap opera in football.