• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Futbol • Calcio 2011/2012

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Completely surprised by the Chelsea/ManU match. Never would have called Chelsea putting in 3, despite De Gea in goal.

How can a side that costs as much as Chelsea give up a 3 goal lead? David Luiz was a joker on that last goal. Man, after United scored the 2nd Chelsea became a team terrified of their own shadow. 2 penalties? And FFS, Torres have 3 chances to shoot in that one moment in front of goal and couldn't get one off?

On the bright side, what a difference Essien made, and Cahill was impressive. Please dont play John Terry again.

But Chelsea, my god, you cant blame the manager. You have to ******* play.

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
chelsea sucked but united created 1 chance and scored 3 goals. Webb the Red MOTM

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

chelsea sucked but united created 1 chance and scored 3 goals. Webb the Red MOTM

Bullshit man, they were both penalties. Blame Chelsea, not their manager. It was the players this time. And MU made a bunch of chances on goal. Carrick got a strike in on goal in the 93rd minute.

Starting to really believe Luiz just cannot be trusted on a pitch.

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Luiz really needs to be given a freer role in midfield or at least as wingback, he's got far too much talent to be confined to CB. He's also a bit insane, he tried dribbling out of his own box in traffic. That's fine in the middle of the field but pretty risky 10 yards from own goal...

grizzlybear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bullshit man, they were both penalties. Blame Chelsea, not their manager. It was the players this time. And MU made a bunch of chances on goal. Carrick got a strike in on goal in the 93rd minute.
Starting to really believe Luiz just cannot be trusted on a pitch.

LOL both penalties? are you an idiot or a blind fool. welbeck fabricated that foul and you can see ivanovic not even making contact he was slipping and welbeck dove like a little sissy.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LOL both penalties? are you an idiot or a blind fool. welbeck fabricated that foul and you can see ivanovic not even making contact he was slipping and welbeck dove like a little sissy.

Absolutely. Welbeck stuck his leg out to meet Ivanovic's foot. Clear as day. I can see why Webb was fooled due to the pace and his line of site, but no one with the advantage of tv replay should be. Welbeck should have been carded.

gutted today

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would be the first to tell you when Chelsea sucked -- they have done it plenty lately -- but I thought they played well. The Torres/Mata combo was one of the best goals I have seen this season.

People need to STFU about Torres; he has been creating goals all season, even though he can't net them personally. A goal is a goal.

Chelsea got dicked on that 2nd pen. It happens.

That was a great game, although I hated the outcome.

xudisco07

Reaction score
Mata's goal reminded me of Luiz's last year against Man U. AVB should have left Sturidge on and took Malouda off, he did nothing.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Absolutely. Welbeck stuck his leg out to meet Ivanovic's foot. Clear as day. I can see why Webb was fooled due to the pace and his line of site, but no one with the advantage of tv replay should be. Welbeck should have been carded.
gutted today

Thats more what I meant, BUT, the leg should have never been out.

grizzlybear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thats more what I meant, BUT, the leg should have never been out.

if you saw the replay you could clearly see ivanovics foot slide about a foot while planted to the ground.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

That was a great game, although I hated the outcome.

1st 45 min were absurdly bad though, really a tale of two halves in terms of entertainment

Guy Burgess

Reaction score
hahahahaha you are INSANE to think the 2nd one was a penalty. Howard Webb loves Man Utd, always has, always will.

drmmr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know what a dive is. David Luiz's towards the end of the game to get a cheap freekick. Scholes didn't even touch him and even if he did, Luiz was already on his way down before any contact could be made.

Welbeck might have gone down a bit too easily, but Ivanovic was already committed to the challenge regardless of whether he tried to avoid contact or not.

You know who stuck out his leg to get a penalty? ADAM JOHNSON against Fulham.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You know what a dive is. David Luiz's towards the end of the game to get a cheap freekick. Scholes didn't even touch him and even if he did, Luiz was already on his way down before any contact could be made.
Welbeck might have gone down a bit too easily, but Ivanovic was already committed to the challenge regardless of whether he tried to avoid contact or not.
You know who stuck out his leg to get a penalty? ADAM JOHNSON against Fulham.

Until refs red card for simulation this garbage wont stop.

I'm also a bit sick of the pundits on MOTD giving this **** credence with comments like "there was contact". Contact? I've play my fair share of football and coach 2 teams, it takes a pretty hard shot to knock someone down that WANTS to stay upright. They want to fall.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics