1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Futbol • Calcio 2011/2012

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Jun 21, 2011.

1. venessian

venessian Distinguished Member

The whole saga has been such a drama...now from Tevez down to Maxi Lopez....

2. ribkin

ribkin Senior Member

Lopez [ sorry, I can't bring myself to call him by his first name ] at least is eligible for CL ... he & Catania were very patient with us since the window opened, I guess he'll have a chance to show whether or not he can perform on the big stage ... he has different characteristics compared to our other players so maybe there's a little more depth and tactical versatility with this addition, I hope this doesn't mean El Sharaawy will have to ride the pine for the rest of the year

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012

3. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

Mourinho's spokesman literally going after Alves.

:lol:

4. embowafa

embowafa Distinguished Member

5. El Argentino

El Argentino Distinguished Member

I note both of you were strangely absent in the immediate aftermath of the game. Somewhat unnerved?

:D

6. El Argentino

I note both of you were strangely absent in the immediate aftermath of the game. Somewhat unnerved?

:D

7. embowafa

had to wait until later that night to watch on espn3 replay. Whenever I can't get to it live, I like to watch the games later spoiler/result free.

What can I say, Barcelona back 4 played like shit and let them back in the game. I think to EVERYONE's surprise (include the guys in white), Madrid showed some fight all the way till the end.

But as Shah pointed out...everything conspired in their favor and all they could muster was a draw.

8. El Argentino

Yeah, I try to avoid the board if not able to see the game live.

Think it's time for Puyol to move on (not that he'd ever leave Barça, but at least not be considered FirstXI anymore)?

9. the shah

i was also avoiding here like the plague since i didn't watch live.

he's there for the big matches alone. captain fantastic , if you will. like scoring leaping headers vs madrid :D
    in fact, abidal has/is being transitioned into more permanent role at CB specifically because Puyol is being phased out slowly (just as Puyol was phased from RB to CB, and same with Thuram during Juve days, etc). There just happen to be many Classicos and he is a real leader in times of duress. But he will soon be gone, the Catalan Capitan will be forever remembered in our memories bickering on the board about ballon d'or and superiority...

10. idfnl

idfnl Stylish Dinosaur

What happened to Macherano? Fall out of love?

11. embowafa

Couldn't disagree more with the puyi comment. He's like Rudy but with talent...he has more off days than he used to, but he's still a world class center back and I feel much better when he's back there than when he's not.

12. the shah

who fell out of love ? and he's a DM not CB ... back seat to biscuits (who Yaya is better than)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012

13. Jabonator

Jabonator Distinguished Member

No way Puyol is going anywhere. I believe we haven't lost for over 50 consecutive matches when he's played. He really is that important to us. Usually those defensive problems that were seen against Madrid only happen when Puyol is out with an injury and isn't leading the backline.

14. idfnl

idfnl Stylish Dinosaur

The Chelsea faithful said this about Terry. They leak goals like crazy this season. I dont care who the player is, one player can only make so much difference with 22 on the field. Responsible for a 50 win streak? Nah. Coincidence.

15. tullytra

tullytra Senior Member

Nice week for Liverpool in the domestic cups. I keep waiting and hoping that Carroll will get a goal, particularly in a game which matters. He had some decent play away from the box, but he just can't seem to get much going in the box. He was a bit unfortunate there in the 88th or so minute. I was thrilled to see Evra essentially hand the winner to Kuyt. Maybe my disdain for Evra from the Suarez situation is misplaced, but I still can't help but take a little solace in the final goal.