Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Futbol • Calcio 2011/2012

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Jun 21, 2011.

1. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Come on man. You cannot be serious. 2 goals over 2 legs? Tracked back? Great movement and was regularly a threat?

Dude, bro, if it was messi 2 goals and ronnie 0 would you even consider telling us ronnie was better?

You need to be a fair judge of the performances.

Forgot to mention in prev post... Uzil was fantastic as well.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  2. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Yes, Özil and Kaká's ability to hold up play and just touch the ball around people enabled Madrid to move up the field, rather than just bang it up for the counter. Kaká's not back to his old self yet (probably never will be at this rate) but he proved effective at changing Madrid just enough to cause Barça concern. If I'm not mistaken, this is the first clasico he's played since joining.

3. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I think it was his first. He will never be the force he was at Milan that kept the brilliant Rui Costa on the bench.

If Alonso was not used and another options was used (problem is who else?) which had a bit more pace in midfield the difference would have been complete. Fuck it, try Sahin.

Madrid need a Ramires, Jack Wilshire, or di Rossi.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  4. Guy Burgess

Guy Burgess Senior member

5. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

just finished watching, epic match. madrid were the better side most of the game but it had to be psychological barrier.

cr scored when all hope was lost. but when he could have won it, he failed to even make contact. pepper spray pepe is a disgrace...

6. Guy Burgess

Guy Burgess Senior member

Barcelona were decisive. How Higuain missed so spectacularly in the first 30 seconds I don't know.

7. Jabonator

Jabonator Senior member

Messi created to goals, tho. Two great passes, especially last night's. Ronaldo outplaying Messi. Tough to say. This match it was more to do with Real outplaying Barca, or rather Barca outplaying themselves, loosing the ball too easily far too many times. Messi didn't get that much of the ball. But when he did, he usually produced something dangerous (a pass for a scoring opporunity, a shot 5cms wide of the post, or a freekick). Ronaldo was doing surprisingly lot of pressing. And he scored a couple goals. Pretty even imo.

8. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I dont think its tough to say at all. A couple of pages back folks were piling on how Ronaldo doesnt show up in the classicos and now you and your buddies are eating your words.

Its not even. Ronaldo won this round. Messi is still in the lead overall. If you weren't so biased towards Barca it would be obvious.

9. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

10. Jabonator

Jabonator Senior member

I just think there's a difference with outplayed, and was better. Ronaldo did well, although he choked one great opportunity.

11. hhenryhhh

hhenryhhh Senior member

12. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Nah, no there isnt.

13. Jabonator

Jabonator Senior member

Guess that's were our difference in opinions lies, then.

14. ribkin

ribkin Senior member

Looks like Carlitos will be ours in a couple of hours ... for pennies on the dollar ...

not too worried ... half the squad are probably considered 'bad boys' from Ibra to Cassano to Boateng etc ... he should fit right in with all the nutcases and Allegri should soon receive a honorary degree in psychiatry :slayer:

This signing should keep us Rossoneri fans entertained for a few more months until a major overhaul takes place in the Summer and the guys on the wrong side of 33 move on ...

15. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Minus the insanity bit, I think Tevez should do quite well at ACMilan. I think it'll be easier to integrate into the culture for him and his family (given that his relatives came to Arg through via Italy). Who wouldn't love the Milanello facilities? I'd play for ACM just for the lifestyle and care associated with it.