• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sob story

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
I have hemochromatosis and celiac sprue...I just found out not too long ago. They don't blend. Friends, family, doctors think it is very serious. I'm not an alarmist but this seems like something I should worry about. Anyone with any expertise in this field? I don't think this is very serious either but I would appreciate it if I didn't get too many jokes. Posting at my own risk...

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Reaction score
I don't know shit about shit... I just had to look up both of those things, but it doesn't sound all that cool.

best of luck to you man.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
The chef that teaches the class I'm currently in also has celiac sprue. I don't nkow much about hemachromatosis, but the good news is that you can still eat very well and live a normal life with celiac. If you need a chef, I'm just a PM away.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I don't know shit about shit... I just had to look up both of those things, but it doesn't sound all that cool.

best of luck to you man.

Gross, isn't it? I've hit a wall. I'm sure it will be reconciled.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses, I'm still looking up info as I post here.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
hemachromatosis
Shuts down organs--too much iron. Bad deal.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Reaction score
So basically, you are anticipating going on a low-iron no gluten diet?

Saying goodbye to meat and wheat. = suck. But maybe it won't be that big of a deal for you. Remember It's not just meat, but a lot of greens are iron rich too! Basically you'll be eating otter pops and warm gin forever.

I pity you. I will eat a pound of bacon in memory of you this weekend.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
So basically, you are anticipating going on a low-iron no gluten diet?

Saying goodbye to meat and wheat. = suck. But maybe it won't be that big of a deal for you. Remember It's not just meat, but a lot of greens are iron rich too! Basically you'll be eating otter pops and warm gin forever.

I've been vegetarian since I was 13 (almost 28 now). No wheat will be a serious fucking problem! Asparagus tips too, I'm weighing my options. Nice knowing you (j/k).

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dirk diggler
what size are you again ?

5'11'/165. You can probably tell from those Seattle meet pics in MC.

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to admit, it is kind of cool that "blood letting" is actually a treatment. Apparently they don't use leeches though, that is kind of disappointing...

Have you ever traveled to countries where wheat isn't common? The people still eat very well, I think. There are a number of starchy vegetables that you can replace wheat with very easily; potatoes, rice, yuca, etc (watch those for iron though).

Since you are a vegetarian, giving up red meat won't be a problem.

I'd recommend using http://www.nutritiondata.com/ to figure out what you can and can't eat.

Good luck.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found this website when I had to cook Gluten free for a friend. Don't know if the products mentioned are readily available in the states. http://www.livaad.nl/Livaadengels.htm Good luck,

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
hossoso, I wish you all the best.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 28 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 137 17.4%
  • 11 - 20