• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: Castangia from SARTORIALE

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a Castangia Suit or Sportcoat from SARTORIALE Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Soaking Black 501 STF's: How Much Dye Do You Lose?

allcapitan

Reaction score
I am planning on getting a pair of black 501 STF's. As is the usual course, I'll be soaking them first to get them to size and then just wearin' em carefree like.

How much dye will I lose if I do a hot or warm soak? Should I do a cold soak instead to minimize dye loss and size closer to my actual size?

Look forward to hearing back from experienced STF veterans...

anonymouz

Reaction score
Almost none-they're not like the blue stfs. I've worn my pair for 6+ months and the fading is very minimal.

allcapitan

Reaction score
Cool, so I can warm or hot soak and lose very little dye? Others' experiences and tips?

CoconutBanana

Reaction score
When I soaked mine for 3hours they didn't lose any die what so ever didn't even drip die when i let them hang after wearing them for 6months the only fades they got were barely noticeable wiskers. The Indigo STFs however after wearing those for just 2months they started to get very noticeable fades.

CoconutBanana

Reaction score
Originally Posted by allcapitan
Coconut, was that a hot, warm or cold soak?

As hot as it would come out of the tap and i kept adding more hot water ever 30minutes or so.

StarterStyle

Reaction score
When I soaked my blacks, the water turned black, but the jeans looked exactly the same. It's about 3/4 a year later and there's still barely any fading.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 29 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.9%
  • 31 - 40