1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Soak, then wear till dry!!

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JoMak_NYC, Jul 19, 2006.

1. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Senior member

Without ritual, we are left only with habit.

But I agree: the less you think, the better.

2. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

You know what though. I gotta be totally honest here. Some of these jean rituals are just a bit much. I plan to just wear them at will. Wash when they 'need' to be washed. And let my inexperience show in the wear. I don't think I am gonna RUIN them by any means. So if they don't look as great (great being relative) as some of the othe jeans I've seen, then so be it. they are my 1st dry projects and should prolly come out looking that way. Later ones will be better. And I'll tweak my methods according to my likings. I gave up on searching for care instructions - just gonna use some good ole common sense and not worry too much about them.

BINGO!! Vanna, give the man his prize.

3. digital_denim

digital_denim Senior member

yeah, do as you want, the rituals and habits are odd and not for everyone.

4. The False Prophet

The False Prophet Senior member

1st misconception is that most people wear their jeans raw for 6 months. I think a small majority of people do this, but most have learned from the past and will do at least a cold soak to get some of the shrinkage out of the way. This will prevent your hard earned wear marks from shifting also.

Do I understand correctly that cold soaking causes less shrinkage, but more dye loss?

Whereas very hot water will shrink faster but keep the colour intact?

I have a new pair that are a little baggier than I like, but also fairly light. I want to make them very fitted, basically, so am thinking inside-out in very hot water. But I still want them to look "new". Makes sense?

Cheers,

Eden

5. GWHiZiTSPHiL

GWHiZiTSPHiL Senior member

It won't work on waxed denim.

waxed denim?

6. sbbbjm

sbbbjm Senior member

i've found if you just spray some water on the creases works effectively and its a lot more comfortable than sitting in soaked jeans

7. Chip

Chip Senior member

hot water with agitaion may cause more color loss than just a cold soak. just be careful.

8. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Those PBJs fit great, miz.

9. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Senior member