• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

so who sells Oxxford in the States?

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Bergdorf? Saw them at Pitti and am mildly intrigued. Would appreciate some response.

Taxler

Reaction score
BG, some Saks, some Neiman Marcus, some Barneys, and scores of Regional Mid-Level Mens shops. I don't think there's a significant demand for Oxxford as RTW, so there won't be large quantities of inventory available in any one place.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by maomao1980
Bergdorf? Saw them at Pitti and am mildly intrigued. Would appreciate some response.

Are you in the trade or something or just as an enthusiast ? Just wondering ....

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Contact them and ask "Where do I buy Oxxford in my town?"

Like Taxler said, Oxxford is sold at tons of independent men's clothing stores. Here in Nashville, Levy's carries Oxxford.

TC11201

Reaction score
My guess is that for the stuff that they would show at Pitti (in other words, not the 'Merican CEO stuff that many think of them for), you're best calling / visiting the NY store (56th between mad and 5th Ave) or getting the stuff from someone like Wilkes Bashford (if they still carry Oxxford - they had a few Oxxford styles which were much more au courant and internationally styled and quite possibly unique to them). Barneys also carries Oxxford in the NY store, have not seen it in SF or Boston (but then again, I haven't looked all that closely). Others will know this better than I, but unless you're looking for a traditional American look, the new Type A model is the way to go - soft shoulders, lightly padded, trim fit, etc. Some of the other models - Gibbons, for instance, are far more traditional.

My two cents.

Mark Seitelman

Reaction score
I don't think that Bergdorf Goodman sells Oxxford at present although Oxxford used to be one of its staple lines.

Generally upscale specialty stores and department stores carry Oxxford.

Some that come to mind: the Oxxford Clothes Store, Barney's New York, Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Mitchell's, Richard's, and Larrimore.

It is also sold in a few foreign venues, such as Japan, Australia, and Greece.

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I will be checking out Wilkes and Barney's and others in the city. I saw at Pitti what appears to be a new(er) model resembling the current trend in American tailored wear, slim straight lapels, nipped waist. Sort of a Mad Man look that everyone appears to be emulating these days. It's interesting to see a house like Oxxford does it.

Mark Seitelman

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I will be checking out Wilkes and Barney's and others in the city. * * *

If you are in New York City, go to the Oxxford store on E. 56th Street. As the company owned store it has the largest Oxxford collection in the city. See Mary Beth Walsh, the manager. She is most helpful.

If you ask they may show you the models for next fall on the second floor. They are on display for "market week". They're smashing!

A bit of wishful thinkings for the winter cold: the store window has a seersucker suit.

jim10

Reaction score
They can be had online made to order from www.directclothiers.com. Same for Brioni and H. Freeman. I've ordered a couple suits this way, and was pleased with the experience.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I will be checking out Wilkes and Barney's and others in the city. I saw at Pitti what appears to be a new(er) model resembling the current trend in American tailored wear, slim straight lapels, nipped waist. Sort of a Mad Man look that everyone appears to be emulating these days. It's interesting to see a house like Oxxford does it.

I recommend either the Radcliffe or Mason models. They have a trimmer cut and higher armholes than the Oxxford staples: Manhattan, Gibbons, or Onwentsia (none of which I will wear).

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
syd jerome in chicago, great place

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
louis in boston used to carry oxxford. Not sure if they still do.

-LR

Tano

Reaction score
Oxxford suits are held in high regard on this forum and tend to rank in the top 5 RTW suit brands. How does the Oxxford for Neiman Marcus suits rank? Is there much of a quality or price difference between the department stores and Oxxford "Highest Quality"?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads