• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So what about coconut oil?

bombasticx

Reaction score
Hey guys! New guy here, i've been following this for a long time but never bothered to register :).

So I've been reading about coconut oil lately and its medical properties, how it affects the body through ketosis and the implications it has with alzheimers and epilepsy.

It looks like a really healthy source of fats, so I've added it to my diet. And I've noted increased clarity of mind, not sure how I should put it :)

What about you, what do you think about it?

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is the gluten free of oils. You saying it increases your clarity of mind is only more reason to not associate with it.

tesseract

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It is the gluten free of oils. You saying it increases your clarity of mind is only more reason to not associate with it.

I put it in my coffee. Medium chain triglycerides are an awesome energy source.

flowcharts

Reaction score
Weird first post on a fashion forum, but I guess it suits me...the stuff isn't a miracle, but the fact that it's got multiple uses makes it pretty convenient.

I use coconut oil as a hair treatment once a week, leaving it in for ~2 hours. It noticeably softens & increases lustre--my hair usually tends toward being a bit dry and frizzy

I started making and using a coconut oil-based deodorant a few weeks ago and it's gone great. Aluminum free, lasts longer than any of my old stuff and (i think) i've been sweating a bit less. It's just a mix of coconut oil, baking soda, cornstarch, dr. bronner's, and tea tree oil. tons of recipes for the stuff floating around online.

Some days I'll use it on my arms & legs as a moisturizer, but I can't use it to replace lotion outright. It's also pretty good in coffee.

and now I sound like a dirty hippy.

svelten

Reaction score
I use it as an inexpensive daily facial moisturizer. Works pretty well for me and may have helped my acne a bit (at least it has not worsened it)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads