• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So this is me...

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another thing I'd like to add is that material things making up for happiness doesn't work. Once the immediate happiness of that item wears off you end up realizing you are still the same person in the same situation and in the end will just look for something else to give you happiness.

I would use the car as a goal but not a necessity and certainly not as a means to happiness. You need to figure out what the real problem is and if it indeed is needing a full time relationship then you will need to make time for one . Online dating isn't a bad thing any more as the "geek" factor has worn off as more and more people use it for finding serious relationships.

I would perhaps suggest setting some realistic goals in both your career and education so that you have things to achieve both in the short and long term. Set aside time each week or two for casual dating to build your confidence. Then on your own terms with your goals in mind you can choose when you really want to start a serious relationship.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ed's reply makes me feel like a *****.

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Edward Appleby;670944 said:
Dude, it sounds like you're doing alright. Just keep on trucking.

I might go against the flow a bit and suggest that, if you can do it without dropping any of the various balls you're juggling, you try to meet some women. Your post gives me the impression that you're getting into that mode where you haven't had a girl for a while and it's starting to bug you. No big deal. Just go meet some women
+1

While a GF is not a cure-all, I think it will help immensely. Maybe not a GF, but going on a few dates and getting excited about stuff like that again. You'll see how much more able you'll be at tackling this other stuff if you have several things going right for you, especially your sex life. Sounds like you're in a tough rut (not miminizing your family's struggles, though).

Anyhow, as for the college thing, don't give up and keep working at it. Keeping seeking the profressor out, etc. I think it would be a waste to either give up fighting, retreat or become resentful at the situation.

Good luck!

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
As far as girls around unis go. Hang out at chill places that encourage conversation. Bars and clubs are more for picking up girls. Open mic night stuff or more casual bars and stuff usually enable you to talk to people (guys and girls). Also, make non-romantic friends (guys and girls) and do stuff with them. Going out with a group of friends usually makes you generally feel more comfortable and also, there is the potential for networking (meeting a friend of a friend of a friend kinda stuff which may or may not be an interesting girl).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads