• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So THAT'S why I order from Jantzen

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
E-mailed Ricky today to see what the latest was on my six shirt order. He wrote back right away to say he'd shipped them on the 27th. All very exciting. Led me to believe I'd get them on Tuesday or so. It's been a while since I placed the order, so I've been getting ansty.

Well, a Speed Post envelope hit my desk this morning with all six shirts. Very nice fabrics, best fit I've had in all my orders. Total cost: $270. Unbelievable. Six excellent shirts for less than one high-end RTW at retail price. Yes, there are difficulties in ordering, but I'm astonished, and reminded once again why I love Jantzen.

laugh.gif
smile.gif
blush.gif
tounge.gif

I ordered a plain white shirt and the following:

Checkers 533
checkbeigecottonfannelwithcamelbrownbluewindow1007.jpg

Jantzen 1280
12801907.jpg

Jantzen 1141
1141-2705.jpg

Jantzen 1038
5-2503.jpg

JKT0092
jkt0092.jpg

Now what do I order next?
devil.gif

Alfa

Reaction score
Just curious, when did you place your order? I am still waiting for my first test shirt, but I have been contacted by Ricky because my fabric choice ran out. I also noticed that my card was charged recently so should I expect the order to arrive soon? I placed at the end of July if I remember correctly (its been a while).

1141 looks really nice! I think that will be my next choice if my test shirt comes through right.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
March 28th. Revised order placed in July when a kind forum member asked after them in store. Ricky acknowledged order on 7/28. Arrival on 8/29.

1141 is nice, very light and thin. There are three other similar checks and four similar stripes.

I'd try the linen, but linen season is nearly over. Also, I've got five pairs of linen trousers and I don't like the double (or triple) linen ala Vaclav's triple tweed.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Nice picks. I have a 3 shirt order with them now, and Ricky's been real good about emailing confirmation of changes, and receipt of order so I feel good in knowing I didnt slip thru the cracks.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
good to see that you got them

mrchapel

Reaction score
Always glad to hear another success story from Jantzen
smile.gif

CaptChaos

Reaction score
Nice fabrics! You should think about posting pictures of the completed shirts in the StyleForum Wiki on the Jantzen page. See sticky thread.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
I don't care for the other fabric choices, but 0092 is cool. Definitely post some completed shirt pictures.

SartorialSheepdog

Reaction score
I have to sing even more praise about Jantzen, as I just placed my last order of 7 shirts on August 8, and received them yesterday. Of the 4 orders I have placed, this was the fastest by acouple of weeks.

Absolutely fantastic quality and fit. Just wish there was an easier way to get a jantzen suit.....

nelly

Reaction score
I've never ordered from Jantzen before but I think I might start. What is the consensus on fit for the shirts? The website has "form" and "tight" I believe; what should I choose?

jmatt

Reaction score
I wish everyone would stop singing the praises of Jantzen!!!

How is Ricky ever going to get caught up if you keep convincing new customers to use him?

Stop already!!!!

I need some more shirts, and you're not helping the waiting line get any shorter.
smile.gif

charlief1975

Reaction score
Did you order through the site or email? The site seems a little complicated to follow...at least for me. I've never ordered from him before and looking to get maybe 4-5 shirts coming up here soon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads