• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

So, please give me your input into this sock/shoe abomination......

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have a co-worker who is fond of wearing white dress socks. These are not athletic socks, but old man style white dress socks.

He wears them with white pants, or light colored tan/white seersucker pants and summer shoes, either brown and white spectators or cream colored canvas shoes.

He has been told by just about every woman in the firm that it is hideous. I told him to burn the socks and invest in some contrasting socks.

This has done nothing but steel his resolve. He now wears them as a badge of poorly color coordinated honor. He insists they are "correct," and he will continue to wear them with pride, and to piss me off.

Now, I am curious enough about this to post this question up, in poll form naturally.

So, what is your take on this abomination?

Edited for a pic, which he proudly posed for.

Mike

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
abomination

Master Squirrel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stone him! Lev 52:3-7 Other abominations and insults to our Lord: leather snowmobile suits, dill pickle flavored pork-rinds, mixing milk and RC Cola, white dress socks, YouTube videos showing hamsters doing it, Justin Beiber, Bud Light Lime....

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoever voted appropriate, you must explain yourself.

Mike

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I wear off white socks.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I own and wear them when they are what's needed.

D Yizz

Reaction score
Wow, this is an image I thought I had erased from my mind more than 20 years ago, about the same time I was wearing white tennis shoes socks with my penny loafers to high school and the old men with white dress socks and cardinal red nylon pants with guayaberas roamed through my town......

BBC

Reaction score
I said the epitome of high style. The man knows what he likes + it's different but he sticks with it + and he wears them with aplomb = high style. If someone told me that wearing a fake flower made of felt in your lapel buttonhole was the epitome of high style I'd have through they were a bit cracked, but I see plenty doing it on SF.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BBC
I said the epitome of high style. The man knows what he likes + it's different but he sticks with it + and he wears them with aplomb = high style. If someone told me that wearing a fake flower made of felt in your lapel buttonhole was the epitome of high style I'd have through they were a bit cracked, but I see plenty doing it on SF.

Valid point, indeed. He does have his own style.

Mike

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.