So i've got to say that "older" women rock.

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by GQgeek, Jan 14, 2007.

1. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

Not only that, but she is overlapping. If she is doing it now, she may do it again. Only next time you could be the boyfriend.

You guys are brutal. Ya, she's overlapping, but so what? There's an expiration date on the relationship with her bf and it's not that far off. She doesn't love him and he doesn't love her. If it was more than a month off my attitude would be different, but that's not the case. If he wasn't leaving, she wouldn't be seeing me until she ended it. I don't see why everyone thinks this is such a big deal.

I'm sure I could think of every possible negative scenario, but i probably wouldn't ever be happy with a woman if I started thinking like that. I'd just be one of those jealous guys that drives his women away b/c he thinks they're cheating on him all the time.

Relationships begin and end for all kinds of reasons. To avoid going in to one with a woman that on the surface has everything you're looking for because of a paranoid fear of something that may or may not happen is ludicrous.

Anyway... Thanks Quirk for being the only optimist! [​IMG]

EDIT: And lawyerdad[​IMG]

2. seanchai

seanchai Senior member

Vanity is my guru.

It seems to me that you're better off watching what a woman does than listening to what she says.

She says, "Relationship's gonna be over."

Relationship's not over yet, though. You know they can end in like a minute, right?

Still, it sounds like a good thing. I'd just stay guarded about it. Good luck!

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

At this point she wants to move on from him so it's looking quite likely that she'll break if off even before he leaves.

this is the part that would make me wary. You're sort of writing your own scenario of what *you* hope happens, but it isn't the case yet. you mention that you haven't "fully made out" because she's still with this guy and you're giving her props for not "cheating on him" but their relationship is over, he's moving away a million miles, etc...I don't get why she doesn't just end things with him completely, rather than this ambiguous "oh we'll eventually break up, I might even leave him earlier than planned but I dunno".

It strikes me as a huge red flag that she's willing to lead you on of sorts, yet seems (according to what you've written) that she's not fully committed to leaving this guy, other than it seems to be " in the works", which really means nothing.

Honestly it sounds like she still wants to be with him, is hoping he won't go or takes her with him, and she's playing all the angles with keeping you around for your generosity and conversation, but not completely losing her own desire to still be with this guy. Remember, she's never going to be completely honest with you about her feelings for this guy as you guys hardly know each other.

You're preparing for "date #3" ....seriously, if things don't move into a more romantic playing field (this doesnt mean you have to bang her) then it's really going down a doomed road. (the path of great friendship). Not that you should feel pressure or anything [​IMG]

again, good luck and I think we're all eagerly awaiting the next episode on monday....

4. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

There's an expiration date on the relationship with her bf and it's not that far off.

man you really are an optimist!!

Sometimes I get a coupon for KFC, it has an expiration date, but I've still used it faaaar past that date. Expire dates don't always mean it can't be redeemed

5. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

There it is in a nutshell.

I'd suggest bringing the boyfriend so as to not encumber her with having to bring a doggy bag home. Maybe you'll have better luck with him [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Just playing with you, GQ.

6. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Senior member

Wow!! You just dropped $300 or more on meal for a chick that has a BF?
    GQ, whether she has a BF or not, she still owed you at least a BJ after a meal like that. Ungrateful bitch. [​IMG]

For $300, I'd rather have a new pair of Allen-Edmonds than pay for a fancy meal that doesn't involve sex afterward.

Seriously if nothing happens on the 3rd date you need to lose this chick's number...go bang an 18 year old or something...must be some hot Asian babes in Montreal...no?

7. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

I don't think I ever had a third date. By that point we were either waking up together, getting together at midnight or I wasn't interested. I can't say that I ever was so interested in a girl that I would go two nights without having sex with her. Ever.

This whole thing is bad news with the boyfriend. I would cut and run.

Oh, and my wife is three years older than me. Like Ed, I have been out of the dating game for a long time. We have been together for fourteen years, so it has been that long since I have been on a date.

8. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

And I thought I was jaded... You guys are total downers. I'll bring up her leaving him when I next see her but I don't even want to look at this thread anymore. It's too depressing...

As for the money, really, who cares... I'm a big foodie and I go to those places as much for myself as to provide an enjoyable experience to whomever I'm with. Even if I never see her again, the money was still well spent b/c it was an incredible meal that I won't soon forget.

9. Mentos

Mentos Senior member

First, women are like monkeys--they never let go of the last branch until they've got a grip on the next. So that she has a bf isn't a deal killer.

But if things were really on, you would have hooked up after a meal like that, or at least gotten more than pecks at her front door. Therefore, you are not dating. Her whole point in not hooking up with you was to (1) keep her conscience clean and (2) keep your expectations low. This may be because she's a good girl, which is not a bad thing. But you are not dating.

This is not to say that you will not one day be dating. But I've been in this spot, and you've got a long road to travel yet. This is NOT to say that you should give up, but simply that you should not think that she feels any sort of obligation to be with you. Because she feels no obligation, you should work extra hard at pleasing her (without pricking that conscience, which knows that she has a bf), but most importantly, DON'T BUILD EXPECTATIONS OF YOUR OWN YET. Keep your wits about you, man. The time to lose your heart to her has not yet come. Wait until there are more signs in the plus column than the mere fact of having a great meal.

People here are being downers for good reason. I don't know you, or anything, but I support you. And I don't want you to overplay your hand or get burned.

10. Mentos

Mentos Senior member

Because she feels no obligation, you should work extra hard at pleasing her (without pricking that conscience, which knows that she has a bf), but most importantly, DON'T BUILD EXPECTATIONS OF YOUR OWN YET. Keep your wits about you, man. The time to lose your heart to her has not yet come. Wait until there are more signs in the plus column than the mere fact of having a great meal.

I should have also explicitly said don't go overboard in trying to please her. She'll respect you more if she sees that you have assessed the situation and are not going to be played.

11. itsstillmatt

And I thought I was jaded... You guys are total downers. I'll bring up her leaving him when I next see her but I don't even want to look at this thread anymore. It's too depressing...

As for the money, really, who cares... I'm a big foodie and I go to those places as much for myself as to provide an enjoyable experience to whomever I'm with. Even if I never see her again, the money was still well spent b/c it was an incredible meal that I won't soon forget.

I agree with you, money wasted on good food is never a waste. Don't say foodie, it is kind of gay. [​IMG]

12. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

and keep the next meal under $25.
    next one is at my place..

And mentos, good to finally read something that makes sense. Despite my enthusiasm, I am keeping my wits about me. It's not like I've fallen in love with her after two dates... [​IMG]

And I just want to say that I don't know where the idea comes from that if a girl isn't putting out after a second "date" that she's not worth pursuing. It's total bollocks if you ask me. I don't know about everyone else but i kind of like the fact that she hasn't slept with every guy she's been on two dates with...

13. itsstillmatt

next one is at my place..

And mentos, good to finally read something that makes sense. Despite my enthusiasm, I am keeping my wits about me. It's not like I've fallen in love with her after two dates... [​IMG]

And I just want to say that I don't know where the idea comes from that if a girl isn't putting out after a second "date" that she's not worth pursuing. It's total bollocks if you ask me. I don't know about everyone else but i kind of like the fact that she hasn't slept with every guy she's been on two dates with...

I don't think anybody wants a girl that sleeps with every guy after two dates. The point is that she knows whether she is going to sleep with you after about five minutes. There is no reason to drag the whole thing out.

14. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

There is no reason to drag the whole thing out.

Maybe in a guy's mind, but there are still lots of women that do anyway, regardless of whether they intially like the guy and decide they're going to sleep with him.