• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So I've been Vegetarian for about 6 weeks

Missshopin

Reaction score
I was vegetarian for 9 years and after awhile it became harder and harder to stay truly healthy. Making sure you get enough protein is tough when you are relying on tofu and other non-meat products.
For friends of mine who have been veggie for years and years they are constantly watching what they eat and making sure they get the right amount of nutrients.

Best of luck to you...It is hard.

Reaction score
I have been vegetarian for about 15 years. There is a lot I could say about it, but one thing that I have noticed is that my palate seems a lot more sensitive than that of my meat-eating counterpart. I find that the addition of bacon, for example, to an egg and cheese sandwich is extremely overpowering. One cannot taste anything other than the bacon fat once it coats the tongue.

Choosing to kill when it is not necessary seems pointlessly cruel.

June

Reaction score
I feel bad for the plants. They have feelings too ya know.

Reaction score
I only eat fruit that has already fallen from the tree.
I make sure to anesthetize them before slicing them into bite-size pieces.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most vegetarians don't try to get others to become vegetarians. Yet, meat eaters have such a strong distaste for them and seem to get really defensive about their habits immediately...why is that?

Reaction score
Perhaps close proximity to someone who is choosing a less cruel lifestyle makes the person in question feel bad about his/her murderous habits?

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm Argentinean, we don't see it as a murderous habit (cows in Argentina are for the most part free-range, grass fed, with little or no antibiotics). As well, take into consideration that a cow's leather is than used for various items, including the seats in many of the cars driven by vegetarians.

Jon.

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did it in college for four years for reasons relating to sustainable agriculture--not animal rights.

I'm over it, though.

Reaction score
I wear lots of leather :wink wink: including cordovan, and being Filipino, eating meat is a huge part of my culture. I am not making an argument for, or against, eating meat, but I am trying to understand the ire of meat-eaters towards vegetarians.

X-It

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoeWoah
My girlfriend is a "vegetarian" about 90% of the time (going out to eat doesn't really count I guess) because she just prefers to eat veggies, soy and dairy. I guess, for a woman, it's easier to maintain weight and eat fewer calories that way. Plus, women don't have the same protein requirements.

Seriously?!.

Originally Posted by June
I feel bad for the plants. They have feelings too ya know.

Nay! You're just too sensitive.

imveggie1uw9.jpg

imveggie4kx4.jpg

imveggie3ov1.jpg

imveggie2on9.jpg

imveggie5qi8.jpg

X-It

Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
I am not making an argument for, or against, eating meat, but I am trying to understand the ire of meat-eaters towards vegetarians.

Could these pics help you to understand them?

imveggie6ah6.jpg

imveggie9tr3.jpg

imveggie10sy9.jpg

imveggie8uq8.jpg

imveggie7oz7.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads