• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

So is this really it?

gabby11303

Reaction score
It's 9:52 on New Year's eve. I just got done making cookies with my 5 yr old daughter. My wife is upstairs with our new born going to sleep because she hates me. Every day she has five new reasons why she does. Tonight, she sent me out at 7:30 pm to get some liquor for drinks. Long story short, I got vanilla vodka for mudslides, but then couldn't find any mudslide mix. I'm a piece of shit because I just should have gotten a liquor that could be mixed with anything.

Tomorrow it will be something else.

But you know what, life is good. I love my daughters. We're all healthy. I have a good job, nice house. I just don't get why this woman just can't be happy. Yes, we have a new born, but she's been like this on and off for a long time.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gabby11303
I have a good job, nice house. I just don't get why this woman just can't be happy.

Find yourself a nice queen. They love spending your money on tacky useless shit and as long as it gets them drunk and in bed they only care if the mixers stain the sex sheets or not.

JeffsWood

Reaction score
You got kids, so I say you do what you can to figure out why you and your wife aren't getting along and see if you can get it figured out.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Duuuuude, sorry to hear this tale of woe.

You need a New Year's Resolution, and it might be to seek a divorce.

Reborn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
Duuuuude, sorry to hear this tale of woe.

You need a New Year's Resolution, and it might be to seek a divorce.

Or some gingerale.

Add it to the vodka to make it drinkable, tastes kinda like cream soda.

gabby11303

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JeffsWood
You got kids, so I say you do what you can to figure out why you and your wife aren't getting along and see if you can get it figured out.

I'm fine.

It just seems that everything I do is wrong and every other thing I do gets on her nerves. She tells me that she doesn't want to be around me so I go upstairs and leave her alone. Then she comes upstairs and starts bitching that I left her alone downstairs with the kids. Seems that I can't do anything right.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm fine.

It just seems that everything I do is wrong and every other thing I do gets on her nerves. She tells me that she doesn't want to be around me so I go upstairs and leave her alone. Then she comes upstairs and starts bitching that I left her alone downstairs with the kids. Seems that I can't do anything right.

Hope you got a pre-nup. Srsly.

Gong Tao

Reaction score
I would advise some couples therapy. If she won't go, you go alone. It can help you understand what's going on with her and how to deal with it.

If this was to go on forever, divorce would be your best option, but people have been through much worse than this and gotten their marriages back on track again. When the love blooms again in a marriage that seemed over, it's a wonderful thing.

Good luck.

SystemShock

Reaction score
It's 9:52 on New Year's eve. I just got done making cookies with my 5 yr old daughter. My wife is upstairs with our new born going to sleep because she hates me. Every day she has five new reasons why she does. Tonight, she sent me out at 7:30 pm to get some liquor for drinks. Long story short, I got vanilla vodka for mudslides, but then couldn't find any mudslide mix. I'm a piece of shit because I just should have gotten a liquor that could be mixed with anything. Tomorrow it will be something else. But you know what, life is good. I love my daughters. We're all healthy. I have a good job, nice house. I just don't get why this woman just can't be happy. Yes, we have a new born, but she's been like this on and off for a long time.
She just had a baby, you say? Sounds like her behavior might be hormones/post-partum depression, at least partially. It's worth having her doc check it out, anyway. You also need to let her know that, whatever the source is of her behavior, there is a problem here, and that if it keeps up it could damage or even possibly end your marriage. You're kind of shrugging it off and saying things are okay, but trust me, stuff like this tends to fester, and once the resentments start being stockpiled for a later day, things tend to go south in a hurry. I'd hit this thing head-on as soon as is convenient. And I'd be diplomatic about it, but firm. ...

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SystemShock
She just had a baby, you say? Sounds like her behavior might be hormones/post-partum depression, at least partially. It's worth having her doc check it out, anyway.

You also need to let her know that, whatever the source is of her behavior, there is a problem here, and that if it keeps up it could damage or even possibly end your marriage. You're kind of shrugging it off and saying things are okay, but trust me, stuff like this tends to fester, and once the resentments start being stockpiled for a later day, things tend to go south in a hurry.

I'd hit this thing head-on as soon as is convenient. And I'd be diplomatic about it, but firm.

+1

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Find yourself a nice queen. They love spending your money on tacky useless shit and as long as it gets them drunk and in bed they only care if the mixers stain the sex sheets or not.

+1

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought all marriages are like this?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
me and mrs. kunk have had some rough spots but they are always fleeting. if her behavior is recidivist, i'd think about therapy if i were you. you don't have to put up with her/be married to love your children. life is too short to be so miserable with someone.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 238 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 118 15.8%
  • 31 - 40