• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So, in reality, what outfit did you wear most often this summer?

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Please post pics if the outfit description is not obvious...

I got a TON of mileage from a BR short sleeve blue gingham shirt (perfect trim-fit) and BR brown linen pants. 2 absolute workhorses.

I most often wore my Cheaneys boots with the linen pants, to maintain some dressy edge. Easily, my most used shoe in the collection

Those are cold weather boots. Not close ideal for summer wear. Unless you live in the Yukon

Well, that's my personal style.
Remember, style is not a formula, and you don't want to be too predictable.

"Predictability" aside, those boots are IMPRACTICAL.

Those are the boots that have stacked wood in the heels, right?

:nodding:

And you're a low IQ OCD **** who uses the same jokes for 2 years.
Way to derail a thread that had some potential.
Get some new material, you ugly short little troll.

Personal insults? Really?

Last edited:

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those are cold weather boots. Not close ideal for summer wear. Unless you live in the Yukon

"Predictability" aside, those boots are IMPRACTICAL.

Have to disagree, i have these boots and have worn them all thro the summer. They are considerably lighter on the feet than they look and are anything but impractical in our British summer weather where just Sunday gone we had temperatures of 70 degrees and balmy sunshine yet for an hour we had torrential rain at our "summer" football gala. I was most thankful to my Cheaney boots as every bugga elses trainers,loafers and deck shoes were pissed wet thro. So to my eyes very PRACTICAL !!

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Have to disagree, i have these boots and have worn them all thro the summer. They are considerably lighter on the feet than they look and are anything but impractical in our British summer weather where just Sunday gone we had temperatures of 70 degrees and balmy sunshine yet for an hour we had torrential rain at our "summer" football gala. I was most thankful to my Cheaney boots as every bugga elses trainers,loafers and deck shoes were pissed wet thro. So to my eyes very PRACTICAL !!

70's is early spring weather where I live!!!! Try 90 daily!!!!

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

70's is early spring weather where I live!!!! Try 90 daily!!!!

Get that just basically pointing out its horses for courses and the fact theyre arent as heavy as they look so easier to wear thro the summer.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Coral stanton pants from J-Crew, deep blue suede desert boots (KG by Kurt Geiger), blue small gingham shirt (Tyrwhitt), brown linen jacket (this is a jacket I don't really like all that much, but it is the only linen one that I have, and I couldn't afford to replace it this year...).

Last edited:

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would post pictures, but Moss already nailed it. Navy based madras, white jeans, desert boots were the name of the game this summer for me as well.

i10casual

Reaction score
It was 110 degrees all summer with no breaks and no rain. I was in dockers khaki shorts, RL madras, and clarks sandals. I don't care it was deadly hot this year.

Jsoftz

Reaction score
The single most worn article of clothing for me has been my Sebago navy blue boat shoes- basically guaranteed to find me in them during the weekend unless I'm going out at night or working out. Beyond that, my Life After Denim shorts have been great (the ones I reviewed notwithstanding, although they got a lot of wear), Gitman Madras and a cheap J.Crew slim-fit OCBD. Also I guess my Randolph Engineering aviators but that probably doesn't count.

Worth noting that I am at loath to wear shorts normally but this has been an exceptionally hot summer here in Austin. Will likely move to Ohio in the next month and I'm going to need a whole new wardrobe.

OTM

Reaction score

Navy linen blazer was almost always on top. I found myself pairing it most often with a pair of washed jeans, madras button-down and blue drivers, or un-ironed gingham button-down, white chinos and shell pennies.

Sounds pro, man!

seanpatrickb

Reaction score

The single most worn article of clothing for me has been my Sebago navy blue boat shoes- basically guaranteed to find me in them during the weekend unless I'm going out at night or working out. Beyond that, my Life After Denim shorts have been great (the ones I reviewed notwithstanding, although they got a lot of wear), Gitman Madras and a cheap J.Crew slim-fit OCBD. Also I guess my Randolph Engineering aviators but that probably doesn't count.

Worth noting that I am at loath to wear shorts normally but this has been an exceptionally hot summer here in Austin. Will likely move to Ohio in the next month and I'm going to need a whole new wardrobe.

Two days ago it was 95 and today it was 65 and raining. Enjoy. :D My most frequent outfit was a pair of khaki shorts and madras popover. Mostly with white Jack Purcells or red SeaVees. Too damn hot for anything else.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads