• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So, in reality, what outfit did you wear most often this summer?

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That linen jacket, slightly off-white cotton+linen pants and various shirts. When I didn't sport the jacket, it's been one of these two shirts with white pants/jeans or navy shorts and either desert boots or my blue/white stripe espadrilles:

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, now we're talking. Thanks for the pictures

Moss,
Details on the navy linen jacket? JCrew/LLBean?
Nice, the red pants are bold. You must get a lot of comments about them
I'm in the mood for a pint of beer suddenly.
Next summer, I think I am going to try a madras shirt with white pants.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's L.L. Bean's from last year. Center vent, so not perfect, but it's worn in really, really well (and I put mop buttons on it, which set it apart from every other navy jacket out there).

I didn't wear the red pants too often—they actually got bleach on them and were ruined not too long ago, too :(

Also I highly recommend a navy-base madras + white jeans.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Okay, so what exactly is the material that stacks the heel? Seriously. it's not plastic, nor metal so a natural composition like wood isn't a dumb guess.

Since you genuinely seem clueless, it's leather. The same stuff that's used for the sole.

As for my most used outfit, a striped polo and chino shorts, tan or navy, or linen pants in light brown or cream. With mature leather slides or chucks with the shorts, and camp mocs or penny loafers with the linen.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mature leather slides ?

Sandals, specifically slides (as opposed to flip flops or sport sandals), made with leather and styling that's not childish. Specifically, these.

If you choose to reopen the sandal debate, don't expect me to post much. I don't have the patience for it right now...

kellgy

Reaction score
After receiving very nice comments from some female coworkers, (and watching their eyes) I have to say my new STF 501s have become a recent staple, summer or not.

mdudders

Reaction score
I shall be keeping an eye on the classifieds with Australia soon to entering the summer :)

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gingham shirt by Jack Robie, some really pale, very slim linen Mabitex, and brown suede boots by...Stacey Adams. (Because everyone else *can't tell the difference* :hide: )

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gingham shirt by Jack Robie, some really pale, very slim linen Mabitex, and brown suede boots by...Stacey Adams. (Because everyone else *can't tell the difference* :hide: )

Sounds like my $20 Steve Madden desert boots!

:fistbump:

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

After receiving very nice comments from some female coworkers, (and watching their eyes) I have to say my new STF 501s have become a recent staple, summer or not.

What do they say about a pair of jeans?

Nope, doesn't look like it. It's different from J.Crew's in that it doesn't have a canvas chest piece, and its got more "mature" lapels, lol (not narrow and fashionable atm).

Yea, it's a good looking staple.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For dressing up when a suit wasn't required, I wore a Loro Piana silk unlined odd jacket. It has been a great jacket, and the best fitting RTW coat that I have ever bought. A tailor thought the jacket was bespoke because it fits so well. I often wore the jacket with a bd collar shirt, chinos, and a Charvet knit tie, or a linen shirt and linen pants sans tie.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads