So I'm going to be living in Japan for the next 5 years starting April (through an undergraduate sch

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by arjp, Feb 10, 2017.

1. arjp

arjp New Member

So I'm going to be living in japan for the next 5 years starting april (through an undergraduate scholarship)

I live in Paraguay so I've never really been into fashion, because they treat you like shit here if you dress well (I stopped caring
    recently though), but I want to start from zero in Japan (fashion wise).

Also I want some advice on how to order online (in terms of sizing and stuff) because 90% of the stores here are shit.

I'll take at most 20-30% of the clothes I currently wear and will donate the rest, so I'd appreciate some advice.

[​IMG]

This is my current "list", I would love to hear some advice on what to change and what to get. I have a budget of 1500$ (yes, I will not spend it all here I will save a part and buy clothes over there but I would like a basic wardrobe)

Also, I'm more into streetwear than into the "dressy" style.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but if I could get help I would be really thankful!

Info about me:
    Height 177cm
    Weight 77kg (but going to drop to at least 72kg before going, that could be a problem)
    Muscular build (Ex powerlifter now gymnast hence I'm losing weight)

Thanks in advance!

2. chobochobo

chobochobo Rubber Chicken Dubiously Honored Moderator

Just buy stuff when you get there? They do have shops in Japan.

3. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

^^

And some nice ones at that.

4. maxalex

maxalex Senior member

Indeed one would have to rate Japan second only to Italy in terms of sartorial options these days--and possibly in first place for lots of stuff, including raw denim and other very cool street wear. When headed to Newcastle, don't bring coal!