• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So I need some opinions on my next pair of jeans

feynmix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At the moment, I own only a pair of 5ep resin one wash, in Size 31. I love everything about these jeans, from the color, fit, the slight taper through the leg, etc. I have given these jeans a solid 11 months of wear with no washes (although I plan on doing a wash soon), but i think its time for me to start a new jeans project.

I am looking for a pair of jeans with a fit similar to that of the 5ep resin one wash, maybe I can do slightly slimmer through the seat. I don't mind the slightly higher rise (but I can go lower as well). Here are some specifics of what I am looking for:

Raw, preferably button fly, fit similar to 5ep resin one wash.

Now, I have been thinking a lot about getting a darkish grey pair of jeans.
Anything out there that would match my description? I was also thinking about eternal 811 just because some of the fades on them that are I saw on Sufu were absolutely gorgeous.

So, any opinions? Those who own grey pairs, I would leave to hear what you think of them and how versatile (or not) a grey pair of jeans can be.

Lastly, I don't mind buying slightly used, but my budget is ~$200. Thanks in advance for all the opinions, and I will keep this thread updated once I decide on a pair.

feynmix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
You do it to yourself, you do, and that's what really hurts is that you do it to yourself, you do, you and no one else...

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=55144

Right. Know about the thread. Thought about it, for awhile. Still decided to make a new thread. Only so that the responses don't get muddled up in a bigger thread where several conversations are taking place at the same time.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
I know it may appear easier to create your own thread to serve your own purpose but here's what I see: 1) A totally ambiguous title that will help no one else who does a search looking for an answer to a question like yours in the future. 2) No tags on a totally ambiguous thread title that will further sink this thread into the depths five minutes after someone gives you a tip and you make up your own mind. 3) Possible ADD if you can't stand to scroll down a page to find someone who quoted your question. Sorry man, not to rain down on you but it feels like this **** has been on repeat for a while and has been augmented lately for some reason.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have we gotten a new one of these every day this week or what?

feynmix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know it may appear easier to create your own thread to serve your own purpose but here's what I see:

1) A totally ambiguous title that will help no one else who does a search looking for an answer to a question like yours in the future.
2) No tags on a totally ambiguous thread title that will further sink this thread into the depths five minutes after someone gives you a tip and you make up your own mind.
3) Possible ADD if you can't stand to scroll down a page to find someone who quoted your question.

Sorry man, not to rain down on you but it feels like this **** has been on repeat for a while and has been augmented lately for some reason.

The title might be a bit ambiguous, and tags I forgot to add, but can do so now. Here is the thing though: I am not a beginner when it comes to jeans, but I haven't looked into getting a new pair for awhile now, so I am severely out of loop. So, no, this thread won't die in 5 minutes once someone gives me a tip and I decide, because I know that there are tons and tons of options out there and I am hoping people will chime in with their opinions about fit, color, quality, price, etc.

I can understand why some of you might feel annoyed that people create new threads to ask questions that be answered easily or be part of other larger threads, but this is hardly a question about a particular brand of jeans or the fit of APC or what have you. I have been on here long enough to realize that as well, and hence you will rarely see me create other useless/random threads. However, I feel this thread was justified.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by feynmix
The title might be a bit ambiguous, and tags I forgot to add, but can do so now. Here is the thing though: I am not a beginner when it comes to jeans, but I haven't looked into getting a new pair for awhile now, so I am severely out of loop.
Right, so you're back at square one like everyone else who asks in that thread, young and old alike.
So, no, this thread won't die in 5 minutes once someone gives me a tip and I decide, because I know that there are tons and tons of options out there and I am hoping people will chime in with their opinions about fit, color, quality, price, etc.
There haven't been any grey jean threads/questions before. You are a snowflake.
I can understand why some of you might feel annoyed that people create new threads to ask questions that be answered easily or be part of other larger threads, but this is a question about a particular brand of jeans (5ep) or the fit of APC or what have you.
Fixed.
I have been on here long enough to realize that as well, and hence you will rarely see me create other useless/random threads. However, I feel this thread was justified.
Free country, the top three dudes who answer the jeans thread will be vacant from this place, and good luck.

feynmix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right, so looking for a different pair of jeans that fit similar to 5ep means I am asking about 5ep jeans.

So, the grey jeans thread you are referring to is http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...ght=Grey+jeans, and I have read through the entire thing and still haven't found the answer.

Regardless, thanks for the help.

ManicAbstraction

Reaction score
whodini, I'm with you on principle, but the only result of this has been a continually bumped thread that serves no purpose becuase it only contains an argument about how it shouldn't exist. Pointless. Just answer the question or let the thread die, let vbulliten darwinism take its course

utspg

Reaction score
3) Possible ADD if you can't stand to scroll down a page to find someone who quoted your question.

CTRL-F
wink.gif

djs488

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManicAbstraction
whodini, I'm with you on principle, but the only result of this has been a continually bumped thread that serves no purpose becuase it only contains an argument about how it shouldn't exist. Pointless. Just answer the question or let the thread die, let vbulliten darwinism take its course
+1

So, any opinions? Those who own grey pairs, I would leave to hear what you think of them and how versatile (or not) a grey pair of jeans can be.
I own nudie AJ's in worn grey, which is pretty much a light grey with virtually no predistressing. My qualms are that it's too lightweight a jean, so it doesn't seem to stack correctly, so I wouldn't recommend it. I'm not too familiar with the 5EP straight down, but I would imagine the Nom de Guerre classic fit, which comes in light grey and charcoal, is similar but with a substantially higher rise. That denim is much thicker than nudie denim, you might check that out (see context or blackbird). Wings+Horns put out a grey jean this year that you might like but I don't think it's available online, so it'd be hard to track down.

As for the versatility of grey jeans, they are as easy to pull off as indigo IMO. I mean, you can go the monochromatic look with a white or black top, or you can contrast the dullness of them with a bright top like purple or cyan. << I can see that being quoted with a
eh.gif

Oh yea, good luck finding anything with a zipper fly. It's not gonna happen.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads