• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

so i met hedi slimane the other day...

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constantine.
hahaha. So I knew Kurt Cobain because I bought "In Utero"

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Really it would be like you know Kurt Cobain because you saw the cover art on the internet.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eddievddr10
im in fashion and photography among other things. hes actually very down to earth. we actually discussed the value of his dior collectioons he was like if you had a napolean jacket you could get big bucks for that lol

Originally Posted by XenoX101
Yep, sounds just like Hedi to mention that his napoleon jacket would fetch 'big bucks' on the discussion of the value of his dior collection. I sincerely doubt the humble, intelligent Hedi we know would have said anything to this effect.

Actually, it sounds a lot like what a designer might say. I've never met Hedi Slimane, but I know other designers and artists who are both bemused and flattered by the attention their work gets, and especially about the internet culture that discusses them. It's a pretty natural reaction, imho.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
ffffuuuu.gif

Originally Posted by Uncontrol
marsupial

Is this forum stupider than I once thought? Who can argue that part of these people is within everything they say or do? Yes it may not be knowing them in the way you know your neighbors, but the fact that you can make assumptions about the person proves that you have some idea of the person, hence knowing them.

I really didn't think I'd have to explain something so fundamentally simple.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Is this forum stupider than I once thought? Who can argue that part of these people is within everything they say or do? Yes it may not be knowing them in the way you know your neighbors, but the fact that you can make assumptions about the person proves that you have some idea of the person, hence knowing them.

No, I think it's physically impossible for anyone to be stupider than your one thought.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excellent post Xenox

Terrific

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You had a good stretch of like a month where you didn't seem to say anything laughably marsupialed. Today, you have redeemed yourself.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eddievddr10
im in fashion and photography among other things. hes actually very down to earth. we actually discussed the value of his dior collectioons he was like if you had a napolean jacket you could get big bucks for that lol
Was this in LA? He has a house here and tends to hang out with the low key fashion folk. I saw him at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena on a monthly basis last Spring and Summer but not since. I'm surprised he hasn't started another collection by now, if he waits too long it could end up being a bit anticlimactic.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ryanmnguyen
Still
ffffuuuu.gif
logic...

If you take 'know' for 'physically knowing the person as an entity - i.e have a relationship with them' rather than 'knowing who the person is to a certain degree', then of course it doesn't make sense. But really did StyleForum think that I meant you could have a personal relationship (i.e: being their friend) with a person by observing their actions? This is clearly physically impossible.

But it's perfectly logical to gain an understanding of someone (i.e: know who someone is to a degree) by their actions, this I can't understand any disagreement with. Thoughts correlates to actions and therefore by observing the actions you get some insight into the thoughts. It's simple behaviourism and despite its flaws, for the most part stands true.

Ok, I'm done.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay so in case anyone was unsure, it's official: Xeno has no idea what logic is. Clears up a few things I guess. Didn't he say he was taking philosophy classes?
facepalm.gif
Is it weird that I get embarrassed when I read his posts sometimes? Does this happen to anyone else?

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
Okay so in case anyone was unsure, it's official: Xeno has no idea what logic is. Clears up a few things I guess. Didn't he say he was taking philosophy classes?
facepalm.gif
Is it weird that I get embarrassed when I read his posts sometimes? Does this happen to anyone else?

I'm doing well too, *****. Feel free to tell me what is wrong with my, or rather - behaviourism's logic, since this is no new idea of my own creation. I have a feeling you're confusing logic with the so-called notion of 'common sense'.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Xenox, please stop. Please.

When you have to resort to Behaviorism to dig your way out of a dumb comment, you're already lost.

holybich

Reaction score
just googled "napoleon jacket" - seems only a supervillain like napoleon can pull that off

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads