1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

So I got a Hugo Boss suit at Nordstrom today... Did I make a good purchase?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by cruxisfalcon, Jul 18, 2011.

1. matt1

matt1 Well-Known Member

Hugo Boss isn't all that bad I mean the brand won't last this long if it wasn't good.

2. Last Call

Last Call New Member

I wanted to revive this thread because its one of the first threads I read on this site and it helped with my purchase and what I should pay for a Boss suit. I just bought locally in Toronto a Hugo Boss Black Huge/Genius for my engagement party and am very happy with it as a young guy just starting to buy decent suits over the $400 CDN mark.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/boss-bl...extualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=0

I understand that its fused, may not last and might not get the most love on this forum however it fits perfectly. I have a large chest, shoulders and back and have tried on many mid to high range OTR suits with little success in finding something that fits me well without a break/peaking in lapel because of my chest or back. I think most can agree that fit is very important and my suit fits well.

3. AkenJames

AkenJames New Member

4. movoblast

movoblast Senior member

My first interview suit was a black Hugo Boss. 1st mistake was going with a black suit, 2nd mistake was going with a Hugo Boss. It was $520. For that price I could have gotten a better fitting suit of better quality. Of course I didn't know anything about suits, clothes, shoes, etc. back then.

5. jeffd

jeffd Senior member

Like any other fashion house, Boss makes clothes of varying quality. I've seen Boss jackets I wouldn't want to be seen in, but then I've also got a fully canvassed Boss suit from Barneys that looks great and fit perfectly when I got it. Too big for me now unfortunately - or fortunately, rather. I have a few Boss sport coats in my closet, too, that I wish I could still wear.