• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So I got a Burberry Prorsum 2011 Biker Jacket...

ginlimetonic

Reaction score
You may have made the right choice in your eyes.

From my perspective, leather jacket is not timeless as theres too much bells and whistles on the jacket. Its not 'clean' and its more trendy, and having the short jacket (not going down to your backside) reminscent of 2001 japan/korean fashion, which may go out of style.

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Less bells, more studs
smile.gif

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
v8olm1.jpg

officer's pinks with a studded jacket? that is kind of genius

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE

As someone who used to dress in a jacket like that that i made myself, I find the pricetag on that Burberry to be both insane and offensive. Im surprised they didnt put a nova check Discharge or GISM patch on it too and up the price $500

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think i might start dressing like this. can get the officer stuff cheap at least hah.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you gotat wear that **** with super irreverence. dgaf. cherry bomb in the mailbox.

951socal

Reaction score
This looks over designed to me, you have a classic schott introduced perfecto with another belt added, a couple zipper pockets added and a more modern soft texture then its cropped.

its too much for my personal sense, and im sure you would have to go with aggresively styled everything to get the look that was intended or one that can be pulled off with it...

I know what you mean about that feeling, I have a few leathers hanging in my closet and they are lucky to see 1 wear in a year.

They just don't feel right in california, even on colder days and nights, and im just like you with thewhole I paid alot of mone yfor this and i actually like the look, but its just unwearable in my area mentality.

i just keep mine in the closet, look at it and decide i can'twear it this year haha

transient

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ginlimetonic
You may have made the right choice in your eyes.

From my perspective, leather jacket is not timeless as theres too much bells and whistles on the jacket. Its not 'clean' and its more trendy, and having the short jacket (not going down to your backside) reminscent of 2001 japan/korean fashion, which may go out of style.

I agree, it looks a bit trendy. Hardware looks shiny and isn't low key enough. You can tell it's a high quality piece but still looks like a trendy imitation. Return it and get a couple of ToJs.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you gotat wear that **** with super irreverence. dgaf. cherry bomb in the mailbox.
i'm surrounded by the 'real deal'; you should see the glares i get wearing mil green bdu pants with silver hightops haha

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
Some dude posted a fit pic on SZ, looked awesome as hell
really? i must've missed it. pics pleaz
Originally Posted by xccx
pics....
i love the leather but it doesn't look very good on you. the rest of your clothes is way too mall brandish for a runway piece like that, and cut of the jacket is not flattering to your body. For the jacket is too "overdesigned" comments. I'm pretty sure this: http://burberryltd.scene7.com/is/ima...EC_9x16_large$ isn't too far off from this:
Feature_WildOne-med.jpg
besides an added belt whats so overdesigend? if you are worried about shininess, it's going to fade as you wear them. it's not gonna be sparkly forever.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Looks okay actually, but you need to balance up with the face and hair too. I have a Schott Perfecto, which doesn't look quite right when I wear my glasses
smile.gif

Kiwi Man

Reaction score
I have a feeling that you are so under influenced by your peers. Because of their comments and your unique style, it has made you feel the way that you do.

I like how the jacket looks on you. More importantly, it looks expensive so you probably get something that is worth your money. Burberry Prorsum is mostly made in Italy and at very high quality.

Originally Posted by Uncontrol
I don't know if your style is aggressive enough for something this heavy, man. Donate it to me.

Obviously, somebody likes this jacket.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads