• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So I gave in a got a harrington but one problem

kookydooky

Reaction score
Just a Warrior Clothing one mind you.

Problem is that the tartan lining on the inside is about an inch and a half away from the zipper that you can barely see it. Is that normal for the warrior ones (I thought they were supposed to be the next decent one after the original) or should I return it? Im gunna need to pay a for postage again though which is a little hefty
frown.gif

Would a tailor be able to do something to bring it in closer to the zipper? Also how much do you think a button replacement cost? I want to turn the button into a clip style one

Eagle

Reaction score
The only way a tailor could accomplish the objective you seek, would be to reline the jacket. Adding that cost to what you paid for a "knock-off" Harrington, would suggest the smartest route would be to buy an original! I have worn two originals and had several knock-offs over the years and would suggest, considering the longevity of each, the originals have represented the real economy!

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
"Please note that we use 2 factories to make our harringtons and occasionally the tartan lining finishes about 5cm from the zip. We know this doesnt bother most of our customers, but if you feel its a problem, please contact us and check that the colour and size you have chosen is available with lining right up to the zip"

^^^^ lifted straight from their website. How important is the lining to you? Does it really make the jacket look off or is it a personal preference. I only ask because I was about to buy one from them and it didn't sound like that big of a deal to me. If you want something of higher quality but still affordable you could try Merc.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kookydooky
Would a tailor be able to do something to bring it in closer to the zipper? Also how much do you think a button replacement cost? I want to turn the button into a clip style one

To answer your question, fixing the lining would be expensive and difficult but changing the button to a clip would be easy and cheap if you go to the right person.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hossoso
Please note that we use 2 factories to make our harringtons and occasionally the tartan lining finishes about 5cm from the zip.

Thx, hadn't noticed that. FWIW I have a Baracuta and maybe like you, the lining even then didn't really factor in for me. I imagine it does for some though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads