• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So how do you kill time?

Augustus Medici

Reaction score
All this talk about drugs, omelette recipes, and videogames has got me evaluating my leisurely activities. I'll go first!

I usually enjoy reading and watching TV, with videogames on the side. SimCity 4 is my current game of choice, I'm re-reading American Psycho for the billionth time, and I'm gearing up for the final return of The Sopranos by re-watching every episode for the umpteenth time. My favorite acitivity outside of the house is to drive to a mall or community college (here in Dallas, we have plenty of both), get stoned in the parking lot, and stroll around for a few hours.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Other than SF, my one sinful enjoyment is Battlefield 2. Other than these two, I hardly have enough time to do anything else. I have a stack of books 20 deep waiting to be read, on top of the weekly Economist, bimonthly Foreign Affairs, and various other law journals. I wish I have time to read them all, but that would seriously cut into my downtime; and I might pop a vein if I don't take a break every now and then.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ironing kills a shitload of time, especially ironing shirts the right way...they take about 45 minutes each if I want them with absolutely no creases anywhere. Browsing the net, reading, drawing on CAD (I like industrial design), watching TV, etc... are all excellent ways to kill time.

When all else fails, there is always ones left or right hand.
laugh.gif
wink.gif
thumbs-up.gif
and of course:
fing02[1].gif

Jon.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
When all else fails, there is always ones left or right hand .

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cooking is my #1 time-sink. I average 2-3 hours a day now that my work schedule is back to normal.

Other than that, I read and watch whatever movies or tv shows I've downloaded. However, Rome is done and I really don't watch much else. 24 and Entourage when it starts up again, but that's only an hour and a half a week. So mostly reading and cooking.

Gonna start going to salsa a lot more often in the near future as well...

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going to make a joke about Appreciation, but Appreciation is no joke.
smile.gif

Augustus Medici

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Other than SF, my one sinful enjoyment is Battlefield 2. Other than these two, I hardly have enough time to do anything else. I have a stack of books 20 deep waiting to be read, on top of the weekly Economist, bimonthly Foreign Affairs, and various other law journals. I wish I have time to read them all, but that would seriously cut into my downtime; and I might pop a vein if I don't take a break every now and then.

A lawyer playing Battlefield 2 is hilarious to me!! Are there lawyer-clans? I'm imagining a name like B4R_killshot1337 or something. Hahahaha rock on.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I can just imagine the Cravath, Swaine & Moore clan vs Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
I can just imagine the Cravath, Swaine & Moore clan vs Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz.

Originally Posted by Augustus Medici
A lawyer playing Battlefield 2 is hilarious to me!! Are there lawyer-clans? I'm imagining a name like B4R_killshot1337 or something. Hahahaha rock on.

I don't do clans. My service is available to the highest bidder, usually as a sniper or a Cobra pilot.

P.S. multiquote rocks!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
We need to have a Styleforum BF2 clan
biggrin.gif
Edit: Damn it, Darknworn! I could do with a good pilot though; I usually play SL or commander, failing that, well, I love to cause enemy commanders heartache
tongue.gif
Edit 2: I guess I should list stuff: Pacifying the parrots, BF2, I used to listen to music & watch films more than I used to.. I have been finding things to do on the car though and of course two martial arts... eh... nothing too exciting.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't 'kill' time -- it's far too valuable. There are occasions when I'm really stressed and need to --- for that, there's SF. I enjoy my time here otherwise, so it's not killing it. As far as time sinks go -- I'm with GQ: I cook 90% of all the dinners for my family, so that is a major sink. Today, being Friday, was Veal Saltimbocca with a sherry mustard sauce, roasted fingerlings, sugar snap peas, an amuse' of fried ricotta salata and mozzarela di bufola, all accompanied by Eroica Riesling. Dessert was a 'trifle' I do with sponge cake, Chambord, strawberries (and since I had too little time for custard) a blanc mange. Lately, I've been writing a lot of letters, and I can kill 8-9hrs per, easy. Regards, Huntsman

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I screw around on the net, go shopping, complain about places to shop in spokane, work on my bike/car (these two have been neglected lately), Cook, hang out with friends, watch movies, Get drunk, and work on computers.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VMan
loose women.

She should try doing Kegel exercises
rimshot.gif

Me? Not much time to kill....but lately I have been trying to get into shape so besides a morning jog I have been doing some light stretching for short periods a few times a day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics