• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

so, have ya seen the latest Bond watch?

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whoa. momma.

I might stay overseas a little longer and buy this one....like it with the black face and different style watch, as opposed to the blue face seamaster. Maybe this could pass for my dress watch.......

Series Planet Ocean - 45.5mm
Model No. 2200.50
http://www.prestigetime.com/item.php?item_id=4507

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
The ads also caught my eye as well, and I am normally completely lukewarm to Omegas.

I suppose the trick would be avoiding the "limited editions" with the lame 007 on the dial.

- B

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yep, no doubt-- a watch with 007 stuff on it seems more like a toy than a watch. i actually saw it discussed in a forum where the commercial-007 logo watch was featured, and someone pointed out the actual make and model that will appear in the film. as will the sunspel polo, of course.

mdg137

Reaction score
Ive been wearing a black face Planet Ocean for a couple years-- one thing that has truly amazed me, is the co-axial movement.

COSC chromometer standards are something like +/- 4 seconds per day. My planet ocean has been within +/- 1 second or less per day, usually less.

Far and away the most accurate mechanical watch I have ever owned-- and the co axial movement need servicing less often.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful watch. The bezel is not wide enough, and it makes the numbers look squished, but the bracelet is a work of art.

+1 on the no "007" branding, it makes it much classier. (Would James Bond really wear a watch with his own name written on it?)

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
Beautiful watch. The bezel is not wide enough, and it makes the numbers look squished, but the bracelet is a work of art.

+1 on the no "007" branding, it makes it much classier. (Would James Bond really wear a watch with his own name written on it?)

The Literary Bond doesnt even drive cars with other people's name (or logo) on it. He de-badges the car and paints it matt grey.

Bond shunned ostentatiousness.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Can't say I'm a big fan.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ccc123

Reaction score
Sorry - I cant say this one does it for me - to each his own

mdg137

Reaction score
Originally Posted by speedster.8
I prefer the simpler broad arrows ... And a chrono will never be a dress watch IMHO
The watch pictured is a "chronometer", meaning it has been tested to meet certain standards of accuracy-- Many dress watches are also chronometers. Usually "Chrono" refers to a chronograph-- which is used to time things like a stop watch, and usually has various sub-dials in the face.-- the Planet Ocean pictured is not a chronograph. Granted, it is still a dive watch, not a dress watch....

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by speedster.8
I prefer the simpler broad arrows ...

And a chrono will never be a dress watch IMHO

Function over form for Bond

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
Would James Bond really wear a watch with his own name written on it?

If he does, that would explain why the bad guys not only always know he's a British agent but usually know his Double-O number as well.
smile.gif

That is certainly a beautiful watch though.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the older seamaster and love it

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you really want to be James Bond-y, there's a new JLC that you can buy with an Aston DBS that you can open the car with.

The activator at 9 o'clock opens the car

mariage120908281xk5.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads