• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So does anybody want to give me a job?

NotoriousMarquis

Reaction score
I'm graduating college this year, and since MC is like a home away from home, I was wondering if any of you wanted to hire a widely published writer. Clearly I'm stressed about this. Also, any tips or anything at all on where to find work or what to do with one's life would help.

Reborn

Reaction score
The writing on your website hurts my head.

You've just failed your first interview.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're wanting to go into journalism, go buy the AP stylebook

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you tie a bat wing bow tie?

NotoriousMarquis

Reaction score
Although to clarify writing is just a skill, I'll basically do anything.

Even arson.

But seriously.

reidrothchild

Reaction score

I'm graduating college this year, and since MC is like a home away from home, I was wondering if any of you wanted to hire a widely published writer. Clearly I'm stressed about this. Also, any tips or anything at all on where to find work or what to do with one's life would help.

As someone who graduated over 10 years ago during the dot com crash-induced recession, I can empathize with your position. Don't stress. Enjoy the years between college and grownupdom. You'll have a soul-crushing job that pays more money than you reasonably need in no time, which will undoubtedly be followed closely by a whole host of other suffocating adult responsibilities (car payment, mortgage, marriage, kids, etc.). Take this opportunity to travel and/or take a really interesting/fun/skill-expanding (albeit lower pay than you expected) job. That's what I'd do if I had it to do over again.

emptym

Reaction score
Don't stress too much about what you're going to do. Things will work out.

I suggest you travel abroad, by which I mean live and work for a year or more. You'll learn about the world and, more importantly, about yourself.

(Also, this thread is traveling to GC.)

Last edited:

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You might help your case if you hadn't started your sentence with the ubiquitous "so".

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you ride a horse and shoot straight?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can you core an apple?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads