1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

So do people actually notice the selvedge/dry/awesomeness of your denim?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Spencer Young, Apr 11, 2006.

1. lance konami

lance konami Senior member

2. Theory

Theory Senior member

lol great story.

3. ClassicGarnish

ClassicGarnish Senior member

Yeah.. people run around this city thinking they are the hottest shit in the world in their SFAM bootcuts.

damn right. plus, ed hardy just hit KC like last week.

4. Theory

Theory Senior member

So were you around when they opened the Power and Light district? or at least heart about it?

Sea of Ed Hardy/Christian Audiger/True Religion/7 Diamonds/Spiked Hair/Douchebaggery.

5. ClassicGarnish

ugh. power and light. don't remind me. at least all the d-bags were concentrated in one place. that place was reeeally overpriced too.

6. Theory

Theory Senior member

Still is. Sadly while it does keep the d-bags concentrated in one part of town, it's also sucking business from the other social KC districts.. sad. There is not one unique thing down there.

7. ClassicGarnish

8. reprehensible

reprehensible Senior member

Some friends jokingly ask me if I've washed them yet. A lot of girls comment on them being skinny jeans and liking how I look.

Yesterday my brothers fiancee laughed at my brooks brothers boots in my room calling them "weenie boots". When I stood up she quickly called my jeans(BiG Eternal 811's) "weenie jeans" also then started yelling that I wear "skinny jeans". She then told me to get some "Timbs" and jeans that weren't so small. Oh Fuck me now I remember why I hate her and my brother.

I'm always baffled that this kind of thing happens to people. Who does shit like that? And why?

I don't think I've ever in my life gotten unsolicited fashion advice. I've gotten compliments on a few things. Red Docs (worn like regular boots, not with rolled pants or special lace colors or anything), the B. Son side-button cardigan I got recently; really noticeable things like that. But I've never had anyone suggest to me how I should dress differently.

(And this certainly isn't because I'm overpoweringly stylish or anything.)

9. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

I'm not sure I've ever had anyone compliment me on my jeans... ever. Two of my 'friends' asked what my jeans were on two separate occasions, and neither time was I wearing raws.

The only unsolicited fashion advice I've gotten was one of the above mentioned 'friends' saying I should lose the wallet chain. I've yet to do so.

I actually get approached by women on a fairly regular basis, but only one ever complimented my clothes, and that was when I was wearing raw Lees and a black Target t-shirt.

I don't really get out of the house that much. I'm really lonely. [​IMG]

10. tatet

tatet Senior member

the B. Son side-button cardigan I got recently

I should make a thread about all the ridiculous things that get said about B. Son clothing. My history teacher calls me Luke because he thinks I look like someone from star wars and my math teacher called me King Arthur. Not really sure why because it's just a hoodie with buttons on the side, but whatever

11. zacharydschroeder

zacharydschroeder Senior member

damn right. plus, ed hardy just hit KC like last week.

You know you're stylez are hot when they can be found at Younkers next to the Nautica carpenter's jeans.

12. Reborn

Reborn Senior member

I think it's their shock of me moving from wearing bootcut 7FAMK and Kenneth Cole shoes like every other "stylish" person around here.

I paid them back for their kindness by giving my brother two pairs of Kenneth Cole NY shoes I was going to donate. Maybe the soles will unglue at an inopportune time.

It's mostly just people giving shit to you for changing while they are too afraid to change anything about themselves. A lot of the people that make comments when you first do something different are the ones who later come to you for advice or are constantly complementing you. Not my brother and fiancee though, they don't have very good taste.