• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So do people actually notice the selvedge/dry/awesomeness of your denim?

tangerine

Reaction score
I still don't get it, are Folsom cuffs one big cuff, or are they rolled/multiply turned-up?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tangerine
I still don't get it, are Folsom cuffs one big cuff, or are they rolled/multiply turned-up?
Tall cuffs with the top turned under so all you see is the seams/inside of the fabric.

tangerine

Reaction score
Ah, now I see. Thanks.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jen
devil.gif
What girls?!

Um, by girls I meant gay guys. Is that better or worse? Should I stop now?
lookaround.gif

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
lookaround.gif

We need a "digging yourself deeper" smiley.

ktothe

Reaction score
One guy asked me where I bought my clothes once, but thats about it. Oh...and some chick said I dressed like an old man when I wore a sweater over a button up.

I however always compliment people that I see wearing things that I recognize. I work at a major mall thats a huge tourist trap so I get to see people rocking everything. The Italians that come wearing Dolce and Prada, The Norwegians rocking nudies, and the Japanese kids rocking every goddamn item of clothing I dream about.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ktothe
One guy asked me where I bought my clothes once, but thats about it. Oh...and some chick said I dressed like an old man when I wore a sweater over a button up.

Some tool the other night told me I looked Italian (v-neck over dress shirt), he used some random crappy reference and said I looked like I should have a Vespa. I asked him a couple times to clarify what he meant, since it didn't sound like a compliment. He shut up.

That guy really endeared himself to everyone and will not be getting invited back out again.

rnrswitch

Reaction score
You don't own a Vespa? Huh... and you look so much like you should.
tounge.gif
I hate that crap. I used to have people tell me I look like I was into cars (chevys and all), cuz i dressed slightly rockabilly. I told them no I was just into rock and roll.

tweedlesinpink

Reaction score
no. no one here has heard of dry denim. everyone's wearing white-out asses.

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Mom keeps getting mad at me and says I should get my jeans altered properly.

Seriously, some people have commented positively that they've never seen jeans like the APC New Standards I wear (I live in Manila). They can't explain it, though.

Reaction score
Mabuhay! Wearing dry denim in a busy city in the tropics is hardcore----that's enough to get you odd looks, yeah? What denim brands are popular in Manila? Are Japanese brands easier to get?

nairb49

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
lookaround.gif

Hehe, you wouldn't believe how many comments I've gotten from guys about my outfits. From my WAYWT posts, you can see I'm not even so out there. If only I were gay, romance would be so much easier for me then. Really weird how girls just don't seem to like the concept of the same pair of jeans for 5 months. When are they going to clue in?

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
What denim brands are popular in Manila? Are Japanese brands easier to get?
Heh. I got mine in Washington DC from Mauro.

I think the only dry denim here is part of a small Earnest Sewn inventory in a mall in the commercial district. The salesman didn't know what selvage is, incidentally.

I don't think anyone's even heard of the Japanese brands. The only upscale denim store I know of carries those Earnest Sewns, True Religion, Antik Denim, PDC, etc.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my mom said she really liked the fading on my samurais.

sbbbjm

Reaction score
i have a friend that loves the denim itself. she doesn't know anything about dry denim. however, she always comments on my nudie ssds (still unwashed) and my sd-103's. she's always like 'they have a really nice texture, they just feel expensive . . .' and continues to rub my leg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads