• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SO dissing you thread

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
so this morning my wife notices I have a package to take to the post office, and asks me what it is. I say "I bought a persian lamb hat to send to a man I met on the internet - and he will then send me pocket squares". when she stops laughing, she says "and you don't want our son to play tennis or waterski because those are "effeminate' sports? doesn't it strike you that trading accessories over the internet is a tad effeminate?"

not complaining, mind you, but I thought that I would share.

anybody else get dissed by their SO over style?

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dibadiba
what's wrong with playing tennis??

focus, dude, focus. tennis isn't the issue.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

I played tennis in the offseason from ice hockey. Babes play tennis. Lesson learned.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

+1

I just got a new racket.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
on topic, the gf doesn't knock me for "style stuff" ... I've purchased her plenty of clothes and shoes (god damn manolo blahnik's) that she tends to let it pass.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife just rolls her eyes when I get a package in the mail. It's good that she's there to notice and disapprove mildy, or I'd probably be out of control.

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by idfnl
+1

I just got a new racket.

Do you wear the tennis shorts in your avatar?
tounge.gif

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a hilarious story, GT.

Yeah, the missus does give me a hard time sometimes. Especially if there are photos involved. Doubly so if they're photos of me (rather than, say, a pair of cufflinks).

Especially when I recently ordered a pair of shoes and had to return them (to the UK--ouch).

b

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
on topic, the gf doesn't knock me for "style stuff" ... I've purchased her plenty of clothes and shoes (god damn manolo blahnik's) that she tends to let it pass.

+1

My SO openly adores me.
lol8[1].gif

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
My wife just rolls her eyes when I get a package in the mail. It's good that she's there to notice and disapprove mildy, or I'd probably be out of control.

+1 Lady C is kind about it but lets me know when I am going a little nutty.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads