• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SNS Herning FW16 preorder thread - Styleforum official preorders

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is the fit of the INTERIM similar to the typical STARK? take same size?

for the color of the monde green, is the last pic the most accurate? like teal? 2nd pic looks a little washed out from lighting and first pic on synthese it looks a bit darker.
The Interim is a little less fitted than that Stark, possibly because of the knit pattern, which can make a big difference You can see that Jasper is wearing the medium there, and he is usually a large, across the board. It is too small for him by a size, but not by several sizes.

This picture (the section on the right side and the cuffs, not the section on the left side) is the most accurate. Yes, it's a teal that is deep into the green part of the general definition of teal (as opposed to teal that is essentially blue):

Cityplace

Reaction score
Okay to summarize - I'm usually an XL in Stark - but for the Human I should size an L since it runs TTS? I'm a 42L jacket size usually...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay to summarize - I'm usually an XL in Stark - but for the Human I should size an L since it runs TTS? I'm a 42L jacket size usually...
I would say yes, unless you like an oversized fit, but @Synthese might have a better recommendation, since he is closer to your size.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I don't have a perfect memory about how these individual pieces would fit - we shot at least 20, and all of them were just "too small." I do remember that the "Manual" jacket is a killer piece, though - if you're looking for minimalist knitwear that's, you know, warm; that's a super cool piece. Lined and stuff, with pockets. Human sweater is obv. dope, but the other one I thought was weirdly good was the hooded bubble jacket - not a very stunning picture in what's essentially gymwear grey, but that's a great, easy-to-wear piece.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just chatted with Jasper, and the general advice is to go TTS, except for the stark, if you want a fitted knit and/or are just going to wear a tee shirt underneath it (how I do it), or to size up one if you prefer a more generous fit, and are going to wear a collared shirt under it.

Cityplace

Reaction score
Just chatted with Jasper, and the general advice is to go TTS, except for the stark, if you want a fitted knit and/or are just going to wear a tee shirt underneath it (how I do it), or to size up one if you prefer a more generous fit, and are going to wear a collared shirt under it.
Okay, thanks for following up - that clarifies it. Looks like I'd be an L then given that. I wish shipping was included to Canada, so close to the CONUS!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, thanks for following up - that clarifies it. Looks like I'd be an L then given that. I wish shipping was included to Canada, so close to the CONUS!
Unfortunately, literally 2x the price in shipping costs. It's nuts. I can send something to Watertown for about $25-30. It costs $45-60 for the same packate to Kingston ON, pretty much right across the border (I grew up in Kingston.)

Cityplace

Reaction score
Unfortunately, literally 2x the price in shipping costs. It's nuts. I can send something to Watertown for about $25-30. It costs $45-60 for the same packate to Kingston ON, pretty much right across the border (I grew up in Kingston.)

That's insane and depressing at the same time! Not to mention the depressed currency and the recent overzealousness of the Border inspection...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
which sweaters are made of the merino?
It varies. They all have varying amounts of merino.

The Interim cardigan is 100% merinos.
The Human is 30% merinos
The Final is 10$ merinos
The Manual is 69% merinos
The Stark is 8% merinos.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyway you can get a better photo of "Blue Brain" and is it doable with the Stark?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyway you can get a better photo of "Blue Brain" and is it doable with the Stark?
I don't really have any more pictures of blue brain. I have piece of the spatial blue and my wife has a monde green hat, so those I can try to take pictures of. It's a very dark navy though.

It is doable as a Stark.

tee84

Reaction score
Sorry to chime in with yet another sizing question... I take a size S in the Stark (fits well -- a little bit of extra room in the shoulder, a little bit long in the sleeve, and a tad wide in the waist, but all pretty close to right). Is the advice that I should be safe to size down one in the human crew and manual jacket? Or better to stay with a small? I'd be happy with a close fit in both.

oisin

Reaction score

This is a picture of the blue brain -- It's definitely a dark navy.

Last edited:

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some winners in there.
On the two zip-cardies, would SNS consider changing the zippers to 2-way/both-end action versions?
And would titan grey or black be a possibility (just by adding comment to the order then, or needs a dedicated order link to avoid mishap?)?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads