SNS Herning- fits?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dixonmanor, Sep 10, 2009.

1. poorman

poorman Senior member

It ain't that serious. I wouldn't pay to send back or wherever you got it.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  2. stevent

stevent Senior member

It looks a bit loose, they stretch out a bit and you can't keep pulling it down.

3. superego

superego Senior member

Based on that fit it seems you'd be trading 'loose in the midsection' for 'tight in the chest/shoulders'. Whether you size down depends on which you think is worse.

My 2 cents...I think it looks loose in the midsection because the base has to accommodate your butt, so it flairs slightly. Fit looks good to my eye in the second one where this isn't the case. I'd prob stick with the current size if it were me. You could always try rolling the base under to avoid the flaring.

4. Islander

Islander Senior member

I think my Marked cardi is too big too. Like I mentioned before it is a looser weave, not springy like the Stark knit, and a softer, stretchier wool.
    Will size down if I can find another one :(

On the bright side, I bought a Clay Amalgam cardi to see how it compares... I used to have an SNS bubble knit (Robust crewneck) in the same size as my others and it was very tight on me. I am hoping the Amalgam will fit slightly shorter but otherwise similar to the Stark, which has been a revelation - love, love, love it.

5. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

[​IMG]

why did it take me so long to pick one of these up??

size small black melange...5'8", 135lbs. from Antik Boutik

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  6. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

small fits well on you. I always thought it would be baggier on someone your size.

7. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

That's because he has it unbuttoned. Mine looks amazing unbuttoned like that because it naturally hangs long (and length isn't an issue unbuttoned) and there is no bunching in the middle. If he buttons his up it will look a lot like mine I think.

I always like Slack's fits because he looks like I would have when I was younger if I knew how to dress (or maybe how I would look now if I could stop being skinny fat.)

8. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

you think you would look much better in a XS? what are your proportions like anyways? :eh:

9. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Maybe there was some miscommunication there. I was saying that my medium looks the same on me as Slack's small looks on him. The only difference is that I have mine buttoned up. When I unbutton my medium, it looks perfect because all the bunching goes away and it fits great in the upper body.

One thing that is really neat about the Stark is that, sizing issues aside, it looks great no matter how you wear it. I like mine unbuttoned, or partially buttoned, or with only the bottom two buttoned, collar up, collar down...it's pretty versatile.

10. ronin2046

ronin2046 Member

I'm a similar build, but my small melange looks longer on me (could be my torso length) :(

I might wash it to shrink it down a bit.

11. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Want the black melange so bad, no time to buy before I hit London tho

Maybe I'll find one in a used clothing store

12. Meis

Meis Senior member

Why would you think it'd fit him baggy?... I'm about the same size and that's how mine fits. People really don't need to be sizing down on the stark... a small will be a slim fit on a 36 chest. IIRC Slack, RKD, tonio, and myself are all in the range of - 5ft7-5ft9 135-150ish 36 chest and all of us fit a small just fine... The only reason you should even consider sizing down is if you're someone our height but with a 40chest or so and a M or L would be too long.

13. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

if anyone wants to trade a medium black melange for my medium straight up black i'd be down for that

14. Harbin

Harbin Senior member

If anyone has a stark in size S for sale please let me know

15. chiggah

chiggah Senior member

If i'm 183 cm tall (6 feet) slim body not athletic about asian medium in uniqlo so small for USA uniqlo, should i go with a small or medium stark ?