SNS Herning- fits?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dixonmanor, Sep 10, 2009.

1. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Very good price, wish I could find a small under two bills

2. itbegins

itbegins Senior member

Charcoal \= Black Melange

Black Melange will have flecks of other colors in it (hence the name), correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is knit with greens and reds as well as black. Where as charcoal is monochromatic.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  3. poorman

poorman Senior member

It doesn't look like the Black Melange Stark has flecks of anything but "white" in it. It's really close to charcoal. And I'm very tempted to buy it from oboy, man.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  4. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Black Melange is really dark gray. It doesn't have flecks of red, green, etc., at least that's how mine is.

5. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Yes to both of these. It would probably be less confusing (if in fact that's the right word) if they just called it Charcoal Heather. It's heathered--some flecks of white--but it's essentially just a really deep dark gray. Like all the SNS colors, it's pretty great.

6. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

LOL the only thing confusing about it is that you called it charcoal. I think the rest of us are okay with it being called black melange. :D

Charcoal

Black melange

7. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

A fair point: Somehow I missed they had an actual colorway they called Charcoal. My bad.

I stand by my heather description though. IRL, no one would mistake it for black.

8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Is there some sort of size chart on these things. Just reading the fit comments alone it seems they're all over the place, and different in the different models too. I want to kop that beige sweater that NYR got (I think its a Stark).

9. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

^ Unionmade has measurements on their site. Have not compared to IRL items, but I think they are a reputable source.

10. thomasec

thomasec Senior member

Alright, I'm going to do my best to clarify sizing for SNS Herning (at least for small and mediums), since that's what 99% of the questions are in this thread. For the record, I have personally owned 2 starks (small and medium), a ratio cardigan, amalgan cardigan, amalgan sweater, port sweater, and naval sweater.

It is my opinion that all of their thicker sweaters (and all of their cardigans) are extremely long length wise, and if you're in doubt I would size down. This includes the starks, ratio, amalgan, etc... For 38" - 40" chest, unless you're above 6 feet (not 5"9, not 5"10, but 6 feet), I would stick to a small, unless you want a deliberately baggy fit. If you're above 6 feet, you can likely get away with a medium.

Their lighter sweaters are definitely slim, and I would recommend going TTS or actually sizing up. I'm 5"10 and 160 lbs with a 39" chest, and for the port and naval, I had to go with a medium. This might conflict with that others think, but the port and naval were both very, very slim on me in a size medium. The pit to pit measurements are probably the best gauge of what size to get, and End's measurements are actually pretty spot-on:

http://www.endclothing.co.uk/brands/s-n-s-herning/s-n-s-herning-portal-sweater.html

http://www.endclothing.co.uk/brands/s-n-s-herning/s-n-s-herning-stark-cardigan-7.html

I hope this helps some of you dudes out. Also, I might as well ask here, but if anyone has a TBS discount that they're not planning on using, I would truly appreciate it.

11. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Senior member

Just to add a data point

I am about 5'11", 42" chest and all three of of my SNS pieces fit well at M. The stark is very long, the amalgam fits similarly but shorter in the sleeves and body, and the naval sweater is normal fitting as well. I would say all three are quite slim. Accounting for stretch, I might have been able to size down but I do not fancy the sweater sausage look

12. thomasec

thomasec Senior member

Yeah...sounds right for a 42 chest. Sorry for the confusion, my post was specifically regarding people between a 38 - 40" chest who were debating between a small and medium.

13. ribkin

ribkin Senior member

Those of you who ordered from Pede & Stoffer... how long did it take for your shit to arrive?

14. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Hey tonio,

I just ordered the Ram hoodie myself. Have you gotten yours yet? If so, how's it fit?

15. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

I'm 5-10 165 and a M in the Stark fits me great; nice and slim and a little long but fine.

By the way, I ordered a beanie and it was nothing special. It had an ugly seam through the middle, which I hated.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012