Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

SNS Herning- fits?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dixonmanor, Sep 10, 2009.

1. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Got my Stark in M today. It fits me better than an L for sure.
    For the guys who are tall (6,2 and up) but slim, sizing down will give you a normal slim fit.
    I'm 6,3 and 175 pounds with a waist of 31 and chest of 39 - kind if athletic build. The M fits me perfect. It's sorta fitted without being tight and since it's designed to be long, sizing down when you're tall is going to give you a normal length knit. Over time it will stretch out to look a bit more relaxed while still not being loose.
    All in all, I'm very glad I sized down and looking forward to wearing it a lot.

Pics of size M. Sorry for bad quality.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Where can I find a burgundy stark in an M?

3. thomasec

thomasec Senior member

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011

4. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

^ That's a deal. Saw that too and was tempted.

5. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

6. conceptionist

7. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Prolly should just get a small then. It'll stretch, and it's damn long

8. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

5'11 175 with a short torso and 40ish chest is a Small?

9. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

To each their own, but these guys have been making sweaters for more than a year or two, why not just buy your usual size and have it fit like they've intended? Even though I had the luxury of trying on samples before I bought, I'd still stick to my usual size instead of repeatedly banging my head against a keyboard.

They're made long because they're fucking made long. Buy a goddamn cardi from hot topic if you want it cropped.

10. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Nevermind, I'd prolly go medium. I'm the same height as you but ~15 lbs lighter and the small is fairly slim on me.

@whodini true, I have no problem with the length. If bawlin had actually happened to be a small and ordered a medium, it'd be even longer tho, almost unmanageably long (esp. in the arms)

11. whodini

I'm around his height and weight. A medium is fine. It's manageable. It's how it's meant to be worn and used. It's going to be slightly long because it's meant to be active in, so that when you reach out for something you don't have five inches of pasty, florescent bulb-tanned skin flashing back at people and blinding them. Same goes with overall length, only with your tramp stamp.

It's just old and it was old fifteen pages ago. There are plenty of knits that fit like you live in a coffin. Buy from them if you're a smedium or anal smedium.

12. jet

jet Persian Bro

God people are still talking about sizing?

And for fucks sake pop that collar in that last fit jeezus.

13. conceptionist

Quote:
    What was the name of the thread again? Oh, it was SNS Herning FITS. Obviously people are going to talk about how the sizes fits them.
    If you want to talk about how nice the items are and stuff, everybody already knows that this brand is quality. If you want to talk about the colors or whatever, start a thread called SNS Herning Colors.

I understand that the collar is "meant" to be popped, but i'm not sure if I'm feeling that look. Can be seen as a bit snobby, cause where I'm from, popped collars is for soccer hooligans and arrogant kids in RL Big Horse polo's living of dads money. Plus, I definitely don't think it looks wrong to wear the collar down.

People have different bodies so of course some people, including myself, look better in a size down. This is especially important of you're usually between sizes. I don't think it matters how it's supposed or meant to be worn. You wear it how you want to and how you are comfortable in it.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011

14. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

lol

I understand Jets frustration, almost every question that people post has ben adressed in a previous post.

15. whodini

Welcome to the forum, longtime listener, first time caller. You didn't size down, you got the size you should have. M=38-40. I'm not pulling this number out of thin air, this is from talking to SNS reps in person over TWO YEARS AGO about sizing when people weren't used to the length. Sure, people vary in sizing but unless you're 5'4" with a 42" chest the rule of thumb is going to apply to the vast majority on here.

And of course it matters how things are meant to be worn. You wouldn't have had to "size down" otherwise. This isn't a vanity-sized brand, these people aren't idiots.