1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

SNS Herning- fits?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dixonmanor, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Senior member

Do you mean length wise? I would say I'm slightly long in the legs. I normally wear a 40L suit jacket, but can get away with a 40R if I want a bit of a shorter look (the sleeves would never work though). I'm mostly worried about the chest on it. My current knit is an invernallan 3A, and its 28" long, and its perfect. I would be happy with 27" length. But all the measurements on END show the chest measurements to be really small for the fisherman. Are all of these knits pretty stretchy? Will they stretch out? My 3A started 20" p2p, and now its 23" p2p.

2. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

SNS on danish tv.

[​IMG]

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

3 people like this.
  3. snowboardpunk

snowboardpunk Senior member

anyone else have problems with the sns naval sweaters? I bought one in bordeaux/cream from haberdash and washed it once and the bordeaux bled all over the sweater. It now has a pinkish hue to it.

4. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

The limbo I have for sale was cold washed once with zero issues. That's odd. I'd contact them.

5. snowboardpunk

snowboardpunk Senior member

ok thanks. should I contact sns or haberdash?

6. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Doubt it matters. If you want a replacement contact SNS, if you want a refund, haberdash.

7. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Haberdash has extra 25% off sale items, which all their SNS stuff is right now.

[​IMG]

8. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Nothing on Haberdash calling out to me. This season was weak.

9. mbaum

mbaum Senior member

I do like the Valid, Babel and Balance knits. And I somehow like the lavender-ish color ways. But I do not like it enough for the now reduced price and guess that they will be dropping further by the end of the season. That's the time I might pick them up.

Mike

10. irbe

irbe Senior member

^what he said

11. m4gdelen4

m4gdelen4 Senior member

Sorry, to clarify, does SNS make their knits shorter now? I'm really short: 5'6". Looking to get a cardigan like the one linked below. Would it be silly on me?

Also the chest measurement seems anemically small. I measured a generic GAP cardigan I had and it was 19.5" in the chest. T-shirts I wear are 19" in the chest, and a perfect-fitting crew neck sweater i have is 21" in the chest.

Any tips are welcome, help a noob out :D?

http://unionmadegoods.com/product/sns-herning-transition-cardigan-in-royal-blue-palette/

I almost always buy a medium. Always have length problems.......

12. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

I don't think this brand would fit you well. Even though its gotten shorter, knits they have are slim (even taking into consideration stretch) and to fit your chest you will have to get M, maybe even a L. I am a 36 chest and I could've gone either S or M

13. supaflypatty

supaflypatty Member

Is there any reason its so hard to find a sea blue fisherman's sweater...I can't seem to find any in medium online. Where would I go if I was in London?

14. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Full stockists: http://www.sns-herning.com/en/STOCKISTS.aspx

These are the London based stockists:

DOVER STREET MARKET, London
    HOSTEM, London
    SEFTON, LONDON

15. OlafG

OlafG Senior member

I already have an Army Green Stark but I'm considering getting a navy one as well.

16. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

I have the Stark in army green mix and navy. At first I thought it was overkill and planned to sell the navy but haven't been able to part with it. Overall I much prefer the mixed color Starks though.

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  17. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Because it's May. That's a Fall/Winter piece. It will be back again starting around August...but colors will be different.

Yeah, I have navy and black melange (which is basically charcoal). I'd trade either for a triple blue mix or any blue mix instead but I love them both.

18. 10reddy23

10reddy23 New Member

Just like most of the other guys on here, I am a bit confused on fit of the Starks also. I am 6'1" without shoes, 175lb, and around 17% body fat. I wear 40R JCF Thompson suiting, Medium Slim at JCrew, I am assuming that in new-fit I would need a Large, and old-fit a Medium?

Also, I can't find any Starks in L/XL on eBay, so where (online stores) and when (month/season) should I be checking for these to be stocked up for a reasonable price?

Thanks in advance!

19. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

You want an XL. Use the "Search This Thread" feature to find a list of SNS vendors, then keep an eye on the sales thread for coupon codes/sale alerts.

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  20. hamyunghoo

hamyunghoo Active Member

I have 2 Starks of the recent season in size M and L. M fits me snug especially on the shoulder(mine is 18.5" and It has 16") and arms too, but right for the arm length. On the other hand, L fits right except the arm length is long, almost reaching my knuckle. I am about 5'10" and 175lb. I have a problem with choosing which size to wear and which to go. Anyone could help?