1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

SNS Herning- fits?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dixonmanor, Sep 10, 2009.

1. thinman

thinman Senior member

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  2. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Next planned purchase:

[​IMG]

Babel cardigan

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  3. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

^ that looks great. im eyeing the emergent in either colorway

ion today in L. wore the old fit stark in xl and didnt realize how much i like the longer fit for colder days

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Carson

Carson Senior member

Couple of things:

First, I want to echo the very slim fit with the new stark. I am 6' 1'' and a very skinny 155lbs, and I have an old navy stark that is 4 years old in medium that I have plenty of room in, yet it still looks good. I just bought a new navy mix stark in medium, and I thought I'd bought a small by mistake. I looked at the tag on the sweater and on the store tag, and it said it was medium, but damn was it tight! I mean, it was long enough everywhere, but I was getting a good squeeze from it - it was like skinny jeans for sweaters!

I've been on the fence as to whether to keep it or not because of that. I guess it will relax a bit with wear. So, it you're anywhere near my height and weight, I'd say at least a medium in the new stark depending on how you like to wear your sweaters, but possibly a large. If you're more muscular and thicker, you're probably looking at XL.

Secondly, my beloved old stark is kind of getting hole-y (holy?) and falling apart a bit -- I live in a major city (San Francisco), so do I just bring it to a good tailor for repair?? Ideas appreciated. Thanks.

5. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

Old Stark is best Stark. I wish they would bring back the longer length, it's critical for colder weather.

6. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Sounds like you guys just need to size up, I'm 6'2", size 40, and my XL is plenty long.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  7. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I just got a second-hand Stark in the old fit that had a hole in the sleeve, I sent it to Reweavers USA and it's being fixed now. I'll report back here once it's finished.

1 person likes this.
  8. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

SF'er @NOBD posted a before and after of a repair on his old stark. Job well done, can't recall if he did himself

9. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

I believe his wife did it for him.

10. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Was it his wife or his longtime gf? Lmao I don't know why I even suspect that but NOBD is a sophisticated man with good taste, she is remarkable no doubt. Where to find woman like this?

11. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  12. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

: ) 26 years not married with the same gf, NAMOR. Yes, she did the repair.

13. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

->

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  14. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

I think that will look solid. I have that Naval hoodie in ocean blue mix (no stripes) and it's awesome. I got a Large, which I'd guess is right for you (we are about the same height/weight). That Frans Boone guy needs to stand up straight. And do maybe run a little.

1 person likes this.
  15. irbe

irbe Senior member

I have the above indeal hoodie in grey, good for the summer nights

1 person likes this.
  16. zielschuss

zielschuss Well-Known Member

Thanks for pointing this out. I picked one up! SNS sizing gives me night sweats so I used measurements from Mr Porter to make sure L would work.

1 person likes this.
  17. capnMURPHY2021

capnMURPHY2021 Senior member

Anyone know if the Alter crewneck sweaters come in other colors? I've only found these 4 color: ocean blue mix, triple grey mix, triple blue mix, and natural/raw.

I really like the fit on the Alters -- they run a bit snug, but are long enough in the arms that I don't need to size up. Maybe I'll have to wait until the next season drops for new colors.

18. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

The Moment elbow patches are so good. It's like having light cushions stitched to your elbows. More functional than I would have thought. [​IMG]

19. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

anybody wanna trade a moment or memento for a triple grey stark (size small)??? i've found that i prefer my green melange colorway much more than the grey in the stark...plus 2 starks is kinda redundant. maybe 10 wears max on it.
    willing to throw in some cash too as i know some sweaters cost more than the stark. i'm interested in either a small or medium.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  20. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

^ Might help to tell us the size :)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014