1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

SNS Herning- fits?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dixonmanor, Sep 10, 2009.

1. SHS

SHS Senior member

Thank you for your reply. I have been looking for a casual really warm sweater, and came across the Fang. I wanted something softer to cover the neck, like merino, but I like the look of this sweater. I haven't really found some chunky merino zips I like at a reaonable price. It will be good for the winters here in Denmark, and if it gets really cold I can layer it under my big parka. I think the zipper makes it very easy and versatile to wear, like you mention.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
  2. althanis

althanis Senior member

This is sort of the issue I have with really chunky warm sweaters - it's too warm to keep on while I'm inside, but also not warm enough to wear when I'm outside.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
  3. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

I have that issue with the high collar on the stark and amalgam - I generally wear a collared shirt with either - but the shawl on the reference doesn't bug me in the same way.

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

^ you might want to pick up the moment cardigan from mrporter in navy mix. It's kind of perfect. The collar is a mid length so it comes up just under the chin unlike the stark which is closer to the ear. exclusive to the moment is the bubble knit and for a cardigan reinforced vertical elbow patch. I think I prefer moment over stark now...

1 person likes this.
  5. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

^yeah, bummed I missed that one when sale went live. Was gone instantly sounds like.

6. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

UK site had a ton of sns still in stock at the time of the 50% sale including moment cardigan in most sizes. I'm sure a couple will still show up. Fit is similar to new start fit so ended up sizing up to a xxl. Wearing just a short sleeve shirt, The xl new fit stark is damn tight especially in the shoulders but even in arms and wrists. Xxl is a little loose but i prefer drape over tight

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

btw if anyone is looking for a reference cardigan jacket (dark army green) in l or xl, let me know and ill pass it along at cost for $250

8. stevent

stevent Senior member

New army green does look a little like poo compared to army green last year now that I have both to compare. A bit disappointed as I was considered another knit in color

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

army green is in no man's land. dark army green, however looks good

10. mothball

mothball Senior member

End has added a bunch of new stock. The texture on the Valid sweaters looks kind of interesting, but I didn't see much that really grabbed me.

11. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

anybody with a small or medium Moment Cardigan interested in trading for a small triple grey Stark? or for that matter does anybody know of a US site with Moments available?

i'm super interested in the shorter neck height of the Moment.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  12. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Anyone have any experience with sns t-shirts? How do they feel? Really like the ribbing pattern

13. einstine

einstine Senior member

What stocklists get hit with the new seasons first? besides end

I want to see what color starks are coming out this season.

14. Wade

Wade Senior member

It's spring summer next b

15. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Anyone like the Stark Roll neck?

Is it as thick as the cardigan version?

What do people wear theirs with?

16. yesssir

yesssir Senior member

Need Supply has the SS stock too already. I tried on the babel as well as the segment sweater. I really like the babel cardigan but couldn't stomach paying almost $400 for a sweater that's half merino and half cotton. The segment cardigan is really nice too but the body was way too slim for my liking. I even sized up and it was still too slim.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  17. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Jesus sns sizing is wonky. Thought I found the perfect cardigan in the moment but fit is off. Slim like stark but sleeve are longer and sleeves wider.

Also, not a fan of navy mix. I think I prefer lighter colors; helps highlight the intricate weave

18. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

19. einstine

einstine Senior member

Really digging the babel and the mix. How was sizing on it? and thickness?

20. yesssir

yesssir Senior member

Well FWIW I'm a large in the memento this season and a large in the stark last season. I'm around 6'0 160lbs. The medium babel was way too tight in the shoulders/chest/arms but the large fit just ok. It's gorgeous in person and I really wanted to pick it up but the sleeves were a little to baggy in the large.

Now that I think about it I tried on the valid jacket and not the segment. The valid was hugging my body in a large and I'm pretty slim and have a small waist. The segment looks great in person but I didn't try it on.