• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SNS Herning- fits?

InHocSignio

Reaction score
I've been waiting to purchase a Stark also but I just can't bring myself to buy it in that color, even at those prices.

This puzzles me -- what's wrong with that color exactly? Army Green solo already pairs nicely with blue jeans, but this season's Stark, which I believe Need was selling, also has the blue melange threads running through it, which elevates the pairing from merely "working" to "phenomenal". Like the poster above me my next purchase from SNS will probably be some sort of purple or burgundy thing... I have 3 pieces from them so far.

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This puzzles me -- what's wrong with that color exactly? Army Green solo already pairs nicely with blue jeans, but this season's Stark, which I believe Need was selling, also has the blue melange threads running through it, which elevates the pairing from merely "working" to "phenomenal". Like the poster above me my next purchase from SNS will probably be some sort of purple or burgundy thing... I have 3 pieces from them so far.

Nothing wrong with the color, just my personal preference for avoiding 'earthy' colors like that.
I also happen to wear a lot of navy, black, white, and grey...pretty much exclusively. When I deviate from those colors, it's just for 'colorful' stuff like lavender shirts, etc. So ultimately it's just my personal taste.

To each his own.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Green is by far my most worn stark color, followed by purple then blue. Might actually sell the triple blue as its only been worn like 5 times

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the emergent weave how warm is the knit? Wearable up to 70s?

Bapt

Reaction score
Hey,
I am about to buy a stark on the SNS website but after reading this page I am not sure about the sizing anymore so I could really use some advices since returning it back might be a pain **********.
I am 6'0 and 165, I usually wear M. Do you guys think I have to take a M or an L?
Or by any chance does anyone know where can I find a stark in Amsterdam?

Last edited:

ipractice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would go with an L. I'm 5'10 150lbs and a medium is very slim on me already.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I am about to buy a stark on the SNS website but after reading this page I am not sure about the sizing anymore so I could really use some advices since returning it back might be a pain **********.
I am 6'0 and 165, I usually wear M. Do you guys think I have to take a M or an L?
Or by any chance does anyone know where can I find a stark in Amsterdam?

Just go by the length. If you're tall, a L, if not, M. They're kinda stretch to fit IMO.

jmaudi0

Reaction score
does anybody know of any sites besides the SNS site and Mr. Porter that still have size Small Starks for sale? I missed the sale at NeedSupply unfortunately :(. really bummed actually. That price for a small army green stark was awesome.

if anybody bought one and ends up not liking it i'd be willing to buy it (size small).

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

does anybody know of any sites besides the SNS site and Mr. Porter that still have size Small Starks for sale?  I missed the sale at NeedSupply unfortunately :(.  really bummed actually.  That price for a small army green stark was awesome.

if anybody bought one and ends up not liking it i'd be willing to buy it (size small).

It's a fall item, some european shops will have it but it won't be on sale most likely

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my SNS Version sweater yesterday in triple blue. I like the slim cut and overall aesthetic of the product, but two things are making me consider selling it.
1. It's long. The measurement chart said 27" and that's not too bad but it's still longer than I'd like. Of course, I'm a manlet so every sweater ends up being too long so this is nothing new.
2. the head opening (???) is really small. When I took the sweater off after trying it on, I wasn't sure if I could get it off because the material around the neck area doesn't stretch.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I'm wearing the vneck version right now. Love it. Can't layer a shirt underneath it, but fit is slim when going with my usual size which is small

jmaudi0

Reaction score

new army green mix stark (bought from another styleforum member) - size small. it's a little snug but i'm loving it. the quality and weight of this thing are unreal.
my only real nitpick is that the neck is a little higher than i'd prefer...but i love it regardless.

jeans = 3sixteen shadow's been wearing all fall/winter a few days a week.

Last edited:

Jeffrey Hou

Reaction score
Im about 5 ft 10 and 140 lbs...what size should i get for stark? Oh and Im 36 chest and about 17 shoulder.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads