1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

SNS Herning- fits?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dixonmanor, Sep 10, 2009.

1. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Thanks fellas. Sometimes a little interwebs validation goes a long way [​IMG]

2. MichaelPemulis

MichaelPemulis Senior member

So I have a fisherman and a Stark that were a bit too big for me.

I decided to try and shrink them a bit by doing a hot soak and a quick tumbledry.

I hot soaked them with a tiny bit of woolite dark for about 30 minutes. I then threw them in the dryer for about 15 minutes. I then laid them flat to dry.

The fisherman is probably a full 1 to 2" shorter than it was before I did this, in both the length and the sleeves. The Stark didn't have as much of a shortening effect, but it did get a bit slimmer.

This process made my house smell like a wet sheep, but it worked pretty well, particularly on the fisherman.

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

So I have a fisherman and a Stark that were a bit too big for me. I decided to try and shrink them a bit by doing a hot soak and a quick tumbledry. I hot soaked them with a tiny bit of woolite dark for about 30 minutes. I then threw them in the dryer for about 15 minutes. I then laid them flat to dry. The fisherman is probably a full 1 to 2" shorter than it was before I did this, in both the length and the sleeves. The Stark didn't have as much of a shortening effect, but it did get a bit slimmer. This process made my house smell like a wet sheep, but it worked pretty well, particularly on the fisherman.
    [​IMG] How much piling was there? If any? I just got a Stark and would love for it to fit better than it does now; too big in the the waist and too long in the sleeves.

4. MichaelPemulis

MichaelPemulis Senior member

There is a bit of piling. I am not worried about it as I planned to have these sweaters a while and beat them up a bit. I am guessing it may have beat them up a bit to put them in the dryer. The hand wash dry flat method is what they suggest for cleaning. Maybe worth doing that if you want to see what will happen. The water I used was not as hot as I would use to shrink denim, but relatively hot.

And, like I said, the Stark didn't shrink as much in length as the fisherman did, which seems kind of counterintuitive because of how much cabling is on the stark. Results may vary, I guess.

5. Dodo

Dodo Senior member

hey guys, which is the right size for a 5'5" and 145 lbs guy that wants to buy a stark on line? my pit to pit is 39 if it helps. I read that sns herning are quite long in torso and on sleeves so i'm afraid to buy something i don't like when i wear it. On tres bien shop on line site the model Sune, 6 ft tall, wears a medium (the stark fits on him like i would like to wear it) so i should take a xs?
    can you guys help me?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  6. Gagno905

Gagno905 Senior member

Dodo, I have an XS in the Stark and some other SNS cardigan and both are ridiculously long on me at 5'8. I'd try something on first before buying, it may be way longer than you like.

7. jet

jet Senior member

Stark is meant to be a long cardigan, avoid if this is not what you're looking for plus you sound big for your height so a double avoid.

8. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Here's my M. (I'm 1.88m.)

[​IMG]

9. skyline

skyline Senior member

^ looks good!

anyone have experience ordering from sns herning's webshop? get hit with customs fees?

10. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Jet got any similar recommendations for those of us less than 6 ft?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  11. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Sea blue? Sometimes I feel like switching out the buttons to something less contrasty yet other times (your pic) they look great.

12. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

^
    Indigo melange

13. jfurt

jfurt Well-Known Member

Does anybody in the US stock the indigo stark? I've looked around and haven't seen it anywhere.

14. Feji

Feji Senior member

Mr Porter has it in what looks like indigo melange. They list the color as "navy blue", but inspecting the pics on their site, it looks like a dark dark melange blue. I've ordered one, and I can post my impressions on the color if you want.

15. Teger

Teger Senior member

what's the length on a L stark?

16. Meis

Meis Senior member

Really? I'm the same height as you and my Small is just fine length-wise. Also, like Jet said- its meant to be a longer cardigan.... its not supposed to hit at your belt. That said some of the SNS crew neck pullovers I've seen have been insanely long...like 28in for a small.

17. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Was eyeing the black melange as a versatile basic color, but now I'm drawn towards the maroon for some reason.

18. jet

jet Senior member

I'm 5'11" and wear the M, hits a couple inches longer than a normal cardigan would and I love that about it but I don't know of anything else except maybe some handknits like inverallan that would be more in line with what you're looking for. Can't wait to start wearing mine again actually.

19. Teger

Teger Senior member

aren't you a 52 in jil? I can fit a 50 in jil knits yet my stark M was too tight/short in the arms :(

20. jet

jet Senior member

I can wear a 50 in knits but I don't like how perfect they fit so the 52 gives me a bit of slouch.

Medium stark fits me perfect maybe you're a baboon?