• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SNS Herning- fits?

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hah! Well, I guess I'll see.

I actually *should* have gotten the Fang but I was trying to resist temptation. Clearly I just deferred it...

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the fang has *slightly* dropped shoulder also, which surprised me, you can see it on my pic last page or e.g.:

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re: Fang - Tropics, if you look back at the sizing discussion before you got yours I was saying M for a 39 chest. You went with the L and got a looser fit. It looks good, but the shoulders are a little off. It's one of those things where tall guys who have to size up that don't have the upper body to fill out a L are going to have a dropped shoulder. The stock photo you posted (love that color) looks too big. That model is probably 6-4". Poor guy. I think the fang is meant for a little slimmer fit, as are most zipped pieces. My shoulders are only a hair off point, but I need to work out. :embar: If you are 5-10 with broad shoulders and a 39 chest, I doubt a fang will have any shoulder drop.

Re: Amalgam - Looks good, but to me it's a slightly less sexy version of the stark. Good to mix it up I guess, but they are so similar that I think buying starks of different colors would mix it up almost as much.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
the big advantage (to me) is that the wool on the amalgam is much softer. I found the stark very scratchy.

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Re: Fang - Tropics, if you look back at the sizing discussion before you got yours I was saying M for a 39 chest. You went with the L and got a looser fit. It looks good, but the shoulders are a little off.

yeah i hear you. when i got it first i dithered as to whether i needed to switch for a med, but i reckon large was the right call for me, did not want it too fitted.

ASander

Reaction score
Teger, Amalgam looks good. What size chest do you have that you went with the Large?

I'm still on the fence regarding L vs XL.I have a 42" chest, and would like a similar fit to how you sized it...not super snug, but not overly slouchy either.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
ok i guess, but that'd be too short for me.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And one here in Madison.

Fit looks good, pretty much exactly how mine fits.

ipractice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my melange fisherman sweater in medium today. I'm generally a slim medium but this thing has really high armholes and low shoulders, making it seem a little awkward at first but fits pretty well. Definitely itchy for me, but I expected it. My skin is pretty sensitive to most knits and to be fair, it's much less itchy than a lot of other knits i own. Still will have to wear a long sleeve.

Purple melange color is amazing. Will post pics up later tonight when I get back from the city.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads