1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

SNS Herning- fits?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dixonmanor, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

No customs bill...but keep in mind, I also never have received a customs bill...and ordered 10+ times from international stores, all with varying shipping and courier methods. Maybe it's a state by state thing? I'm in Cali. Or maybe just lucky ... my time will come

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  2. InHocSignio

InHocSignio Senior member

How far*, percentage wise, is any of SNS' S/S collection likely to fall in sales this year? I'm sensing that the brand has become more high profile recently so I'm not positive if I want to wait for full clearance to pick what I want up, and neither am I sure I can hold out 'till past August. But I don't want to be the idiot who cops full retail, either. Is it likely anyone drops within the next 1 - 3 months, for a special holiday or something? Valentine's and Easter in particular seem promising.

* - (if at all)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  3. xackexxo

xackexxo Well-Known Member

How much generally are you being billed for, if I may ask?

4. mothball

mothball Senior member

Between $20 and $25, so not really a big deal. It would be much less annoying if FedEx allowed it to be paid online.

5. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Curious if anyone knows about how long DHL from Europe normally takes? Ordered from Volls on 1/25 and still awaiting my Amalgam. I'm on the West Coast.

Nothing from SS13 is going on sale before the summer, unless some shops have random weekend sales in the later spring. Maybe Memorial Day...

6. K. Nights

K. Nights Senior member

Curious if anyone knows about how long DHL from Europe normally takes? Ordered from Volls on 1/25 and still awaiting my Amalgam. I'm on the West Coast.

Mine took probably 2.5 weeks and I'm in the Midwest. This was in December though, so things might be moving a little faster.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  7. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Senior member

We have a visiting graduate student from Denmark, and he was wearing a SNS the other day. He told me SNS is quite popular in Denmark, but he was surprised that there was a following abroad. He is a big boy (read in shape, not fat), and this sweater was extremely fitted on him, almost cropped. All the talk about how the sweaters are supposed to be intended to be super long seems rather silly now...

8. jet

jet Senior member

ya bc this random du wears it like that

1 person likes this.
  9. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Senior member

He said his fellow Danes wear it like him

People should wear it however they want to

10. jet

jet Senior member

there you have it folks you've been wearing your Starks all wrong

11. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

tell him this fellow sf member said thanks. it makes me feel great about my stark now

12. K. Nights

K. Nights Senior member

I'm 6'2" and my medium stark falls 75% of the way down my crotch. I would have to be 6'9" for mine to fit me the way you describe.

13. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I actually asked Soren specifically about this, and he did mean for the sweater to be shorter. He didn't expect that there would be this much furor over it, though.

Fwiw, I have one stark (Sea blue) that fits just about half way covering my butt, a melange black one that is fairly slouchy and really heavy and goes most of the way down, and a military green one that hits just under the beltline (which I'm wearing now). I like them all (the green one is really growing on me, I like this earth tone,) and they all have pretty dramatically different silhouettes.

1 person likes this.
  14. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

+1

15. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

The new cut is much more reasonable, especially for shorter people who aren't rail thin.

1 person likes this.
  16. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

at what point did SNS begin making their knits outside of denmark?

17. K. Nights

K. Nights Senior member

Interesting. Do you know if he changed the fit because he feels they should fit shorter or was it in order to appeal to a wider customer base?

18. sexonfabric

sexonfabric Senior member

So for unfashionable body types? Cool marketing decision. Fucking shit that SNS is now built for midgets.

19. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

When will life ever be fair to the tall and thin people!?? When 5'-10" guys of average body weight are too short to wear your clothes, it's probably not a bad marketing decision to change things.

20. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

I can never find t-shirts/long sleeves that are long + fit in the XS-S range :(