1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

SNS Herning- fits?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dixonmanor, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Oh nice. Didn't realize that.

2. tropics

tropics Senior member

yeah i hear you. when i got it first i dithered as to whether i needed to switch for a med, but i reckon large was the right call for me, did not want it too fitted.

3. ASander

ASander Active Member

Teger, Amalgam looks good. What size chest do you have that you went with the Large?

I'm still on the fence regarding L vs XL.I have a 42" chest, and would like a similar fit to how you sized it...not super snug, but not overly slouchy either.

4. Teger

Teger Senior member

I'm pretty much a 40" measured chest.

5. noirwest

noirwest Senior member

Opinions on how this stark fits?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Teger

Teger Senior member

ok i guess, but that'd be too short for me.

7. poorman

poorman Senior member

Nice, now there is a total of 2 people with S.N.S. knits in Milwaukee. haha. :D

8. slide13

slide13 Senior member

And one here in Madison.

Fit looks good, pretty much exactly how mine fits.

9. ipractice

ipractice Senior member

Got my melange fisherman sweater in medium today. I'm generally a slim medium but this thing has really high armholes and low shoulders, making it seem a little awkward at first but fits pretty well. Definitely itchy for me, but I expected it. My skin is pretty sensitive to most knits and to be fair, it's much less itchy than a lot of other knits i own. Still will have to wear a long sleeve.

Purple melange color is amazing. Will post pics up later tonight when I get back from the city.

10. noirwest

noirwest Senior member

haha, Wisconsin stark club up in this. We need heavy sweaters, it's been so damn cold recently.

11. brimley

brimley Senior member

People worrying about the dropped shoulder, check yourself for body dismorphic disorder. Think of the dropped shoulder as like a raglan sleeve, or wearing a superhero cape. It doesn't have to hit you at your oxford line. Trust us, it looks good.

If you want this kind of fit buy an XL, but a L is definitely viable for a 42". Very democratic knits.

12. jet

jet Senior member

I never understood why you guys are terrified of dropped shoulder, that's the style. You're not going to size it to the shoulder seam, you size to p2p and length.

13. ipractice

ipractice Senior member

Oh I'm not afraid or think it looks bad it just felt awkward putting it on. Had to mess with the sleeves and shoulders to get them to sit where theyre actuallt suppose to. Especially because I have broad shoulders, between a medium and large, while the rest of my torso is more in line with a slim medium, makes outerwear really uncomfortable if too tight.

14. Teger

Teger Senior member

i don't mind the dropped shoulder at all. i also don't view sns as a brand you wear super tight.. if you want to actually have it be warm, it needs to cover your waist and wrists.

15. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

Not super tight no. But I like the dropped shoulders on more fitted knits since they give a fuller impression of a slim profile it that makes any sense.

16. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

do you hang your starks?:eh: I'm afraid the weight of the sweater will work with gravity and mess up the shape of the sweater

17. zazaza

zazaza Senior member

Never ever hang a sweater, Stark or otherwise

1 person likes this.
  18. irbe

irbe Senior member

19. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

I use an LNCC box for my stark, fang and my similar schneider knit. They love it in there together.

1 person likes this.
  20. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Somebody buy that purple stark caveat has ^, such a nice color in person