1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

SNS Herning- fits?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dixonmanor, Sep 10, 2009.

1. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Senior member

I'll probably get banned for even suggesting this but would it be possible to cut the length on a stark neck by half? Basically I want an Amalgam or Apex but they are hard to find in S. I'd move the top button but don't know how I'd finish the top. :embar:

2. M4xime

M4xime Member

Thanks!

I am indeed, was gonna inbox you, sorry mate

3. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

I have a fisherman full zip in size L, too and I wear M in J.Crew etc, and i wear L in slim fitting brands. I'm 6'3" 175.

I don't know what my Fisherman measures, but the p2p measurement is not the full story of these knits. It's pretty important, but it doesn't account for how much taper happens to the waist, or the stretch of the fabric, or, or...not to mention the subtle variation from piece to piece or season to season (not talking about major changes).

You can't just look at one measurement and decide if it will work or not.

4. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

Anybody buy womens pieces for SO? There's a bunch of stuff on sale at reborn, along with mens stuff too in larges mostly

5. jet

jet Senior member

not that hard people

6. corneliusparky

Got the Paragon shawl in. I like it....surprised the L fits quite well though I realize it's not traditional tight SNS sizing (I'm a true M). I've been looking for a relaxed fitting wool sweater so leaning towards keeping it. Thick knit, warmer than my fisherman.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. zazaza

zazaza Senior member

that looks good on you, a little big, but it sounds like you want a relaxed fit.
    regardless, I love the way the paragon knit looks like some kind of comfy armor, but hate how every pic I've seen shows those loose seams.

8. corneliusparky

Thanks, I think I have a problem. Have bought two SNS in the couple of weeks and looking for more :embar: I must be odd....I dig the pattern that shows through due to the loose seams. But I imagine if you didn't like that you could just wear the same color underneath.

9. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Awesome fit

Change shoe and that prob one Of the best fits with the SNS

Re: maxime

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  10. HushHush

HushHush New Member

11. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

12. InHocSignio

InHocSignio Senior member

So I just got my Paragon knit cardigan from Triads in Large, this one:

[​IMG]

I was originally planning to buy an Army Green Mix Stark and this and then pick one or other to return. But then, after I bought the Paragon and it shipped, I almost immediately began regretting my purchase because I thought the patterning, though awesome, was too bold for the casual style I was planning to wear it with. Now that it's actually here, however, I like it alot. First thing I noticed right off the bat is that the fit is much looser than the Stark's -- I'm thinking what this forum calls the "old style". Secondly, the intricacy and boldness of the knit is not that apparent in low light, and only really pops when I tested it under harsh incandescent -- upon which it looks like cool but definitely not casual body armor.

The problem for me is that I think keeping it might be a tad impractical. I live in an area of the South which doesn't get that much cold weather, and probably would only have use of the Stark and/or Paragon for cold nights/lecture halls/movie theatres. It's a beautiful piece, but I'm unsure it will get much use. I've definitely moved from 90/10 no-keep/keep to like 35/65 now though...

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  13. sontroy

sontroy New Member

I'm also looking for the paragon SNS Herning knit in Black Melange. I wear Medium in most SNS, but it is only possible to trace the paragon knit in a large. So if you say that you nomarlly wear medium, but in SNS large, then I maybe one to buy a large too. Can I ask how tall you are? And how much do you weight?

14. InHocSignio

InHocSignio Senior member

If you are asking me, I am 6' 2'' - 6' 3'', 190. I usually wear a Medium in non-slim fit shirts, and Large in slim fit ones, corresponding to a 40 inch chest. Large in the Paragon *cardigan* -- not the shawl pullover, which I don't have -- is a great fit off the bat. I think the little seams that connect the bars -- and which also expose the underlying area of cloth/skin, wouldn't wear this knit with a v-neck -- give it quite a bit of stretchiness that the Stark doesn't have, for a very relaxed fit that melds to the body easier. I'm wearing it right now at 77 degrees indoors and I'm comfortable as hell.

EDIT:

Stark Fit:

[​IMG]

Paragon Fit:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  15. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

16. Wade

Wade Senior member

For those who have the fang and the stark, who one of the two is warmer?

17. irbe

irbe Senior member

I think the fang is the same weight as the fisherman, just by looking at it. I have both the stark and the fisherman and they are both equal in warmth

18. tropics

tropics Senior member

disagree, seems to me the stark is thicker and warmer than the fisherman. i have both and end up wearing the fisherman more often because the stark is too warm indoors.

1 person likes this.
  19. theclipper

theclipper Senior member

Anyone have a Version V-neck? I was thinking of picking one up from Unionmade, but haven't seen any fit pics or reviews.

Thanks

20. sungmineyo

sungmineyo Senior member

[​IMG]
    purple fisherman "in action"

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013